Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

And we are the problem?

Listen to ATC talking to him...he was well known it seems at SeaTac. The maneuvering is astonishing. The security lapse is also bad. Good to see the fighters scrambled. If they took him out, I doubt we will ever know. As weird as the stolen A-10 from here many years ago that’s still a mystery.

Was going to post about this last night myself... it really is very sad for everyone concerned, not least the pilot. He took himself out by all accounts, and didn't take anyone else with him, so that was something I suppose...

But I guess it's no surprise the media remain focused on UAV pilots for their daily aviation-related sensationalism; the fairly limited amount of people to whom 'suicide by plane' is a realistic option means this sort of thing happens incredibly infrequently, whereas any old idiot with £500 can go get a drone from a shop and do something irresponsible with it fairly easily, no mental illness required...

Three other means are frequently used by the public; suicide by cop, jumping off a freeway overpass into traffic, and suicide using a motor vehicle. None will gain the media exposure using an aircraft will. Sensationalism sells copy and ad space. That several other full scale and passenger airliners have occurred long before UAV’s became popular will certainly not be associated with the Sea-Tac event.

We are not the problem. Those that will do anything for a fleeting moment of fame or notoriety are the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister
when I heard about this the first thought that sprang to mind was please god dont let this guy own a drone because that would have made it into the media somehow I'm surprised that the media hype hasn't been directed at how he was able to take off in the first place, recently a drama programme in the UK featured a drone bringing down an air ambulance and it was crazily inaccurate and far fetched.

luckily when the BBC asked the local air ambulance to take part in the filming they told the BBC to Foxtrot Oscar as the script was just too over the top and too anti-drone so it goes to show we still have friends in the aviation world. but how many people who dont know drones watched that and now fear drones

Lets not forget the trauma caused to those who have to 'clean him up and bag him' these people are always forgotten when these things happen.

Reactions: MarkC
Lets not forget the trauma caused to those who have to 'clean him up and bag him' these people are always forgotten when these things happen.

Vick's VapoRub. One finger full up each nostril. Works wonders for DB's, DRT and DOA.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital