Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Annoying “auto”-rotation during flight

I just want to mention, "Autorotation is a state of flight in which the main rotor system of a helicopter or other rotary-wing aircraft turns by the action of air moving up through the rotor, as with an autogyro, rather than engine power driving the rotor. Basically it's when there is a loss of engine power and you rely on the blades (using the collective stick)to safely guide you to the ground.
So you are not experiencing autorotation, just a type of misalignment with one of your motors.
Pilot and a former Crew Chief AH-1G Cobra Helicopters.

Hehe, thanks but if you notice the headline I put it in quotations to try and signify that it rotates automatically to one direction :) Being a non-english member I sometimes need to figure out the right term for something to get my point understood.

Anyhoo, I can let everyone know that a bit of contact cleaner seems to have cleared the -25 on the yaw when looking at the rc monitor but I need to charge her up and make a test flight to ensure the fix is actually working. Since its windy and rainy here in Denmark for the next few days, I cant update everyone until the weather clears ;) Have a great weekend and thanks for all the awesome support from everyone [emoji869][emoji106]

Reactions: AH-1G
The oxidation of potentiometers and connectors in the gimbals is a known problem, as well its resolution with contact cleaner.
Dry contact cleaners are not the best, because after few time problem comes back.
What is important is to use a product that after cleaning maintains proper electric connection, and in the meantime being water-repellent.
For the same reason, I suggest to keep some silica gel bags into the backpack or case where you leave your drone and transmitter, to absorb air humidity when not in use.
This preserves from reappearing of the malfunction, or at least greatly increases the cleaning interval.

Reactions: Luftdrone.dk
Thanks, the strange thing is that my setup is always kept in the orignal bag, not been exposed to any moist environments or anything and all of a sudden it starts acting up. I also noticed that one of the landing struts needs to be pulled up and down twice to stay in the right position when flying. Could be a possible malfunctioning landinggear assembly that needs to be fixed eventually [emoji85]

AH-1G Cobra Helicopters.
Those are just a myth....often reported by enemy forces when their facilities and equipment start exploding around them and they "think" they hear a helicopter...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval