Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Another positive H pro experience

Reaction score
I received my Pro model late Friday afternoon and was too tied up to even open the box. Yesterday was spent preparing it with the compass orientation, charging batteries, etc. So finally today I got to go fly. It was absolutely great!

I really liked the new firmware with which it came already loaded, and which many of you have already added. I was concerned about some reports of the range being diminished but so far I did not notice that. I only flew line of sight out to 2100 ft. I got up the nerve to fly it without the GPS being on, and hit 54 mph. Only made one run each way as I had only taken two batteries to test the other functions. All modes worked well that I tested(did not do CCC).

I was not ready to push the Realsense into action on the first evening however, i.e.; flying towards an obstacle. I needed some soft pine trees which would have had pillows spread around beneath them. LOL I need to hear from some of you other guinea pigs who are more brave than me before trying to fly into a tree!

It handled well with all of the good manners that my other H has. It is really neat and I sure enjoy flying it... Now on to the aspects of camera testing and video results.

Reactions: John S
I received my Pro model late Friday afternoon and was too tied up to even open the box. Yesterday was spent preparing it with the compass orientation, charging batteries, etc. So finally today I got to go fly. It was absolutely great!

I really liked the new firmware with which it came already loaded, and which many of you have already added. I was concerned about some reports of the range being diminished but so far I did not notice that. I only flew line of sight out to 2100 ft. I got up the nerve to fly it without the GPS being on, and hit 54 mph. Only made one run each way as I had only taken two batteries to test the other functions. All modes worked well that I tested(did not do CCC).

I was not ready to push the Realsense into action on the first evening however, i.e.; flying towards an obstacle. I needed some soft pine trees which would have had pillows spread around beneath them. LOL I need to hear from some of you other guinea pigs who are more brave than me before trying to fly into a tree!

It handled well with all of the good manners that my other H has. It is really neat and I sure enjoy flying it... Now on to the aspects of camera testing and video results.

Congratulations! I've had mine a week tomorrow. Tested it slowly, mostly because of the extreme heat we have now. I have flown it 3 times on Follow Me, which activates automatically on Smart Mode. Starting at 25-35' high, I turned OA on and walked around 4 acres with giant Oak trees in the outer areas. I went close beside trees, but not under them. The craft would start into the side of a tree, then stop, pan around, move up and down and move away from the tree or big limb. At times it seemed a little confused, but always finally would move away from danger.

When it senses a limb, it pings a metallic ping. Cute. I held my breath a number of times, but the RealSense works! During each trip, it dodged 8 to 12 trees. With RS active, it always turns the front toward direction of travel.

Take care and good luck!

Congratulations! I've had mine a week tomorrow. Tested it slowly, mostly because of the extreme heat we have now. I have flown it 3 times on Follow Me, which activates automatically on Smart Mode. Starting at 25-35' high, I turned OA on and walked around 4 acres with giant Oak trees in the outer areas. I went close beside trees, but not under them. The craft would start into the side of a tree, then stop, pan around, move up and down and move away from the tree or big limb. At times it seemed a little confused, but always finally would move away from danger.

When it senses a limb, it pings a metallic ping. Cute. I held my breath a number of times, but the RealSense works! During each trip, it dodged 8 to 12 trees. With RS active, it always turns the front toward direction of travel.

Take care and good luck!
Have you tried CCC mode with RealSense on? Curious to see if the camera/gimbal will yaw separately from the aircraft. Without RealSense, you must yaw the aircraft to get panning (tilt works fine)

So you haven't tried a toms tec method and see how realsense works , by flying it backwards in a tree then ?.

Not heard from any pro user on focus problems , so thats a good sign.

I really like the positive realsense reviews! Can't wait till I can add it to my H!

I really like the positive realsense reviews! Can't wait till I can add it to my H!

I wonder what the price point is going to be to upgrade a 'standard' Typhoon H to a "Pro" version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what the price point is going to be to upgrade a 'standard' Typhoon H to a "Pro" version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since the price difference is $600 total
The 'extra' battery is $140
The backpack is $100
That leaves 600 - 240 = 360
I would say the module will cost somewhere around $350 - $400
Maybe less since we Advanced users are installing ourselves. Maybe $350. I thought I had heard back in the CES interviews somewhere that the price was touted to be around $250.

Since the price difference is $600 total
The 'extra' battery is $140
The backpack is $100
That leaves 600 - 240 = 360
I would say the module will cost somewhere around $350 - $400
Maybe less since we Advanced users are installing ourselves. Maybe $350. I thought I had heard back in the CES interviews somewhere that the price was touted to be around $250.

If they ever put it out. As all production is going to Pro. CS says the Modules will become available as soon as the catch up on all Pro orders. 6 to 8 weeks for them to catch up on Pro orders. So maybe end of Sept or beginning of Oct Modules will be available. But this is Yuneec, so if will most likely happen 2 weeks in to Oct, LOL.

Also on thing to note Yuneec says the Backpack and extra battery were free in the Pro. So don't be adding them off the price of the module.

Last edited:
Reactions: abinder
So you haven't tried a toms tec method and see how realsense works , by flying it backwards in a tree then ?.
It would work just fine -- the Pro will always yaw so the RealSense cameras point in the direction of flight. The CGO3+ will remain pointed in the direction of the subject.

If they ever put it out. As all production is going to Pro. CS says the Modules will become available as soon as the catch up on all Pro orders. 6 to 8 weeks for them to catch up on Pro orders. So maybe end of Sept or beginning of Oct Modules will be available. But this is Yuneec, so if will most likely happen 2 weeks in to Oct, LOL.

Also on thing to note Yuneec says the Backpack and extra battery were free in the Pro. So don't be adding them off the price of the module.
Nothing is free.
But that would put the module around $500+
I doubt many would be spending another 35℅ to upgrade.

Nothing is free.
But that would put the module around $500+
I doubt many would be spending another 35℅ to upgrade.

Yea I called them many times and only once did a rep say something off the record. He said it was very doubtful that the price point would be under $400. I hope he is wrong. But he was right about the batteries when I called before so I am think he maybe right about this also.

I'm hoping no more than 400 bucks. I'll probably still buy it if its 500 bucks but its gonna sting...

Reactions: Frankie
I think the realsense module is an extraordinary addon for the H.
But till now, I didn't see any video of the realsense in real conditions, I mean not following a pedestrian, but following something more consistant like a bicycle, a skateborder or something like that.
In fact my question is : what is the maximum speed the realsense can "support"

Anybody knows if the IPS module will be sold seperatly?

But till now, I didn't see any video of the realsense in real conditions, I mean not following a pedestrian, but following something more consistant like a bicycle, a skateborder or something like that.

I think ive seen the figure 10-15 mph somewhere?

Reactions: Joneshd3488

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval