Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anybody Here Live Or Fly in Guatemala

Reaction score
I have to do some work in Guatemala in July part of which will be done with drones. I know about the permit you must fill out but I have some questions about part C and E of it. I'd be interested in anyone who has already applied for a permit there or any resident of Guatemala who could answer some questions for me. Muchas Gracias por su tiempo.

Thanks for your response I know all about the country...I've done many assignments down there but this is the first including a drone. There are just specific questions on the application section C and E which I need to discuss with someone. By the way when I covered the civil war there in 1983 a book was written by Jonathon Maslow entitled Bird of Life Bird of Death which is about our experiences there. Check it out. It came from a Geo Magazine article we did.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response I know all about the country...I've done many assignments down there but this is the first including a drone. There are just specific questions on the application section C and E which I need to discuss with someone. By the way when I covered the civil war there in 1983 a book was written by Jonathon Maslow entitled Bird of Life Bird of Death which is about our experiences there. Check it out. It came from a Geo Magazine article we did.

Airspace regulations are pretty much universal, as I would assume. Knowing a country and its people is good. As a photo journalist and you say you work for NATGEO? I find it bizarre that you do not have the armament or the company that you work for does not have informations on the matter, because NATGEO or those in photo documentary nowadays has a drone in go bags, when traveling overseas for an assignment.

Thanks, yes I was already aware of that and I have copies of their airspace rules. I just need information about part C and E on the permit application forms. They use abbreviations in the questions which are unclear to me. I have people I'll be working for with teams on the ground in Guatemala who are also trying to get the answers I need in Guatemala. I just thought by posting here someone might already know the specific information I need. RPR, Best of Luck in Hawaii.

Attachments

• Guatemala Drone Permit.pdf
    119.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks, yes I was already aware of that and I have copies of their airspace rules. I just need information about part C and E on the permit application forms. They use abbreviations in the questions which are unclear to me. I have people I'll be working for with teams on the ground in Guatemala who are also trying to get the answers I need in Guatemala. I just thought by posting here someone might already know the specific information I need. RPR, Best of Luck in Hawaii.

Thanks man, I actually here in Maui, as we speak.

I too have been researching on how to obtain a permit for India, as my wife and I are planning to attend a wedding.

I’ve also been emailing Digital Sky concerning the use of drone there, and from what I’ve gathered, I’m better of bringing a small drone, smaller than the Mavic 2 Pro. This is a disappointment, because I want to bring the THP, because it just looks great in the sky, and I was able to fit the THP in a suitcase, which I am not able to do with an Inspire.

But there is always winter, and I hope I will still have my THP then, because we are celebrating our anniversary in Thailand and I know for sure Thailand drone friendly.

Guatemala allows virtually any size drone and in general (once form is properly filled out) is free and highly organized as far as flying there. Given other countries I've flown in since restrictions started coming into effect it's one of the most organized countries you could deal with. Since my flight arrives on a Sunday I have to get the paperwork done prior to arrival. However if you arrive there on a weekday you walk a block or two in the airport complex of buildings and fill it out on the spot and about 1 hour later away you go. Worst country is Nicaragua, if I hadn't personally know Daniel Ortega's wife and had pictures in their museum of the revolution from when I covered Nicaragua for about 25 years I never would have gotten my drone back...even with those connections and people working 3 days I still couldn't fly to document sea turtle migration. Peru is also a bad place because of the heavy duty you must pay to enter with pro camera gear. I wish you luck flying in India too bad they don't allow decent sized craft to fly there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig