Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone balanced Typhoon H props?

Reaction score
I bought a prop balancer and just went through all the props that came with the H. Ten in total and even though the prop balancer is supposed to be a good one I didn't need to really balance any of them. I did add a sliver of tape to a few of them but according to all the youtube videos showing how to use the balancer. They didn't really need it. A couple mover about a quarter inch when re-positioning the prop in different angles & straight up and down but all props barely moved at all.

So my question is has anyone else tried balancing their H props? If so, did they need any adjusting?

Yea I watched that one and quite a few others. I gotta say my props were pretty spot on. None fell like the one in the video above. The most that any of mine moved was 1/4 to 1/2 inch when re-positioning the blade. Just wondering if I did it right and the H blades are pretty balanced right out of the box.

Yea I watched that one and quite a few others. I gotta say my props were pretty spot on. None fell like the one in the video above. The most that any of mine moved was 1/4 to 1/2 inch when re-positioning the blade. Just wondering if I did it right and the H blades are pretty balanced right out of the box.
I used the balancer shown above and a couple of others. I found the blades are to light to balance with that setup. I used the rod from the balancer, mounted the blade in the middle of the rod. I set up 2 tall water glasses about 4" apart on a level table and set the rod on top of the glasses with the prop hanging in the middle. That actually worked pretty well because there is much less resistance this way. When I used this method I found I did need to add a bit of tape to nearly every blade in the pile.

I think this has been covered. The stock props mostly seem to be very close, with A's typically different from B's, but none varying much.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone