Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Anyone tried this idea when flying?

I'm back to setting a timer on my watch or phone for 15 minutes. Its a good reminder when you are flying so that you know you have between 3 and 6 minutes flying time remaining and not to head off to do anything involved or complex.
Make sure wifi is off if you all use your phone next to your 16

Been reading a lot of posts re battery life and flying time. I thought it would be a good idea for some sort of timer that reminds you (with announcements) at various intervals of how long you've been airborne. I know you can look at the screen for voltages etc, but sometimes a backup system is handy. There seems to be lots of standalone devices out there, but has anyone come across one (app) for smartphone.... I need iOS but both would be helpful for all members. I don't mind paying, if it works the way we need it to.
Why not just set the "Timer" function on you smartphone - if you have one - ;)

I don't have a smartwatch... Just a watch ! I set my countdown to 15 when I take off. When ringing... time to go home !
That will work !;) I record 90% of my flights, so the record timer works great as a count up timer as how long I've flown. But I just watch the battery voltage. But time is not your enemy to say, It is wind conditions, height etc. that can effect the time you can fly, so to me voltage is more reliable as it shows the facts, no matter the conditions!

I fully agree. In fact, 15 minutes is a good time for "normal" conditions, but I use to fly with high winds (up to 25 mph / 22 kts) for filming windsurf and in that case my alarm is set to 10 minutes.
Yes the voltage is more reliable, but the alarm is a good information because when it rings, I don't panic, I know I can go back without any stress so I'm concentrated to my job, not to my gauge !

Reactions: DroneClone
I fully agree. In fact, 15 minutes is a good time for "normal" conditions, but I use to fly with high winds (up to 25 mph / 22 kts) for filming windsurf and in that case my alarm is set to 10 minutes.
Yes the voltage is more reliable, but the alarm is a good information because when it rings, I don't panic, I know I can go back without any stress so I'm concentrated to my job, not to my gauge !
Agree !

Make sure wifi is off if you all use your phone next to your 16

Nah like I said on the thread related to interference, the iPhone only interferes if it's searching for WiFi or is duct taped to the controller. I do neither ;-) Just wait for that vibrant in the back pocket and some nondescript annoying tone.

Nah like I said on the thread related to interference, the iPhone only interferes if it's searching for WiFi or is duct taped to the controller. I do neither ;-) Just wait for that vibrant in the back pocket and some nondescript annoying tone.
Leave you iphone wifi on then !;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss