Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Are you a "selfie drone pilot" or a full fledged drone pilot?

They KNOW they're going to sell a gajillion of these things. They timed launch to be at the beginning of holiday shopping season. I would be there will be plenty available within a few weeks after launch.

For the price I think DJI just killed the Karma. We will see. The Karma is a nice package but for just a drone the Mavic looks nice. I think I will be getting one to add to my fleet.
I think you're right. I'm a GoPro guy and was disappointed in the Karma because of three things... I have to use a controller? There is no follow me option? There is no obstacle avoidance?

When I use a GoPro it's all about me and the activity I'm doing. With the Karma you need a second person to film you. In such a case, stick with the Typhoon H.

At least with the Mavic it is smaller, can follow you up and down inclines like the Typhoon H does, has obstacle avoidance, and gives you 3 controller options (use the included controller or use just your phone or use both the controller and your phone).

Reactions: Brian Mackey
I think you're right. I'm a GoPro guy and was disappointed in the Karma because of three things... I have to use a controller? There is no follow me option? There is no obstacle avoidance?

When I use a GoPro it's all about me and the activity I'm doing. With the Karma you need a second person to film you. In such a case, stick with the Typhoon H.

At least with the Mavic it is smaller, can follow you up and down inclines like the Typhoon H does, has obstacle avoidance, and gives you 3 controller options (use the included controller or use just your phone or use both the controller and your phone).
I already jumped in and ordered mine. I ordered the full Fly More package.
My wife said last drone purchase for a while, in fact I'm selling off some of my others to get down to a smaller number.

Kept going back and forth on my choice for the new AC. The Mavic... Bought it one day late and found out that DJI sold out the first shipment (delivery set 15-30 October) within hours. My shipment is set Mid November.

I ordered a Mavic within half an hour of the launch event, which was a struggle considering the site was down for the majority of that time.

It'll be interesting to see if it replaces my Typhoon H and Phantom 3 fully as early reviews indicate its not just a selfie drone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval