Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

At last I've put a minute together!

Reaction score
First compilation

Please cc to your hearts content as I'm so new to this aerial footage and compilation and colour grading - OF WHICH THERE IS NONE

I see faults and areas to improve as in the beginning I wasn't doing the white balance nor was I particular with the video settings. I'm practising panning, tilting and yaw, rising and moving away or towards. Dang trying to get the tilt to work how I want it to! I've spent the first month learning to fly and now I've passed my theory and practical flying I'm putting that together with the camera work. I really need two of me!

Now I have this under my belt, the cherry's been popped so I can put other pieces together from my time in Tasmania over the New Year 2020. Don't hold your breath.

You did right by keeping it short, max should be about up to 2 minutes. Some of your shots were to quick, not enough time to see what's there.
I prefer slow moving shots and pans, in which you had a few?. You duplicated some of the same scenes, why? Was it important enough to duplicate?
Music was appropriate in my opinion for the subject.
When your filming think of it as writing a story, what, where, why.
What drone were you using?
Keep up the work, visit YOUTUBE, learn from those who have mastered the art of editing film.

Reactions: 7cyclops
You did right by keeping it short, max should be about up to 2 minutes. Some of your shots were to quick, not enough time to see what's there.
I prefer slow moving shots and pans, in which you had a few?. You duplicated some of the same scenes, why? Was it important enough to duplicate?
Music was appropriate in my opinion for the subject.
When your filming think of it as writing a story, what, where, why.
What drone were you using?
Keep up the work, visit YOUTUBE, learn from those who have mastered the art of editing film.
Thank you for your CC - I have a lot of crap footage so tried to make lemonade out of what I have as passable ... and to finally show those here good enough to listen to my pleas that I am doing something.
It's the TH480 (pro if that means anything)
Oh yes YT is my friend. Playing with the grading now to make improvements. But I'll leave it and do something with my Tassie footage.

Reactions: AH-1G
Because I was on a roll - here is my second one ...

Again this one is glitchy but as per the YT description I was on auto WE and Exp. Can't recall what I shot it in but it's still a learning curve.

This was shot around 7pm close to twilight in the midst of the fires in Tassie and dealing with the smoke from mainland that drifted over the strait.
Again - CC more than welcome.

If there is anyone who wants to workshop with me to up my game I'm up for that too.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Very nice videos ,all of the above. I'm suffering from winter withdrawal symptoms here in Michigan. Woke me to How lucky we are to be able to share this hobby. I am still in the developing stages as far as posting videos go,,,lack of confidence and ability. .Retired now so Hopeful. Thankyou for making my morning a little brighter. Keith

Reactions: AussieCate
I was on auto WE and Exp.
I think you did an excellent job with the editing. I like short clips. They tend to hold the interest of the viewer. Pan and tilt are always difficult to do smoothly. The only way I've found to do so is to use CCC mode and transfer control of the camera to the right stick. But......that is another learning curve. Lots of people have crashed using CCC mode because they don't know how to control speed or stop quickly if something isn't working right. That will be a target in your future film making.

Setting up the CGO3+ is a real challenge to get proper WB, color and exposure. In auto mode the camera tends to get green/purple tint which is nearly impossible to correct in post. Lock the WB after you're connected to the camera and use a white (gray) card to set it. I tend to use Gorgeous mode with the CGO cameras.

You are doing superb work with so little experience. You are most assuredly on the right track. ?

I like it. I have to agree that; if this is your first video you did a great job. You exhibit a natural talent in understanding the pace of your cuts which flow very well. As Steve mentions, the more you edit and produce videos you will begin to work on other areas, such as smoothness, color grading and so forth but; without having the ability to take a pile of footage and whittle it down to it's very essence, people won't watch so, well done.

Very nice videos ,all of the above.
... share this hobby.
... lack of confidence and ability.
Thankyou for making my morning a little brighter.
Thank you Keith for your kind words. If it wasn't for this site the footage would probably still be on the hard drive because of my lack of confidence.
Last August I drove through Michigan, from Chicago to Traverse City to have morning tea with a friend then onto Niagara Falls, as one does! ? Imagine how many more new friends I could have visited if I was on this site then! As it was I had to cut three off my list. Next time!?
I mentioned you below - I'm looking for the clip to share.
HAGD.

Last edited:
... use CCC mode and

Lock the WB after you're connected to the camera and use a white (gray) card to set it. I tend to use Gorgeous mode with the CGO cameras.

You are doing superb work with so little experience. You are most assuredly on the right track. ?
Thank you for your kind words, feedback and suggestions.
Yes I'm eager to head to the football field and practice the CCC and other modes and see which works best for me for particular grabs. I played with the white balance to draw out the colour of the lavendar and how red the dirt was. I was on auto (Doh!) because I was nervous as, driven 1.5hr to get there and it was late twilight and no clean soft flat surface to land. I landed in the dirt and have since practed hand catching for instances like this.
Now I'm getting more confident with flying I'm now concentrating on the visual and try to remember to white balance each time. I'm putting together another cheat sheet for the angles to get at each location and trying to learn them wrote. I'll give gorgeous a go and raw to see the difference.
HAGD.

Last edited:
You exhibit a natural talent in understanding the pace of your cuts which flow very well.
... smoothness, color grading and so forth but; without having the ability to take a pile of footage and whittle it down to it's very essence, people won't watch so, well done.
Thank you!
I'll let you into a secret of my lack of confidence ...
I come from being a wordsmith and the publishing side of industry but in 2005 filmed and edited a doco. I've HARDLY edited any footage since then.
THEN a few weeks ago at my flying school another geek and I shared our love of film genres et al..
I fessed up about stagnating at the edit phase of my footage BUT because of a YT I watched (when I find it again I'll share) they suggest to grab TO THE WAVEFORM OF THE MUSIC!!!? ? (@7cyclops)
LIGHT BULB MOMENT ?
I am no longer procrastinating but always on the lookout for suitable music and grab to knowing I just have to do it and I'll improve.
HAGD.

@7cyclops
NOT the one but view from 2.30min to get the idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Thank you!
I'll let you into a secret of my lack of confidence ...
I come from being a wordsmith and the publishing side of industry but in 2005 filmed and edited a doco. I've HARDLY edited any footage since then.
THEN a few weeks ago at my flying school another geek and I shared our love of film genres et al..
I fessed up about stagnating at the edit phase of my footage BUT because of a YT I watched (when I find it again I'll share) they suggest to grab TO THE WAVEFORM OF THE MUSIC!!!? ? (@7cyclops)
LIGHT BULB MOMENT ?
I am no longer procrastinating but always on the lookout for suitable music and grab to knowing I just have to do it and I'll improve.
HAGD.

Sometimes it's hard to find the motivation. With me sometimes it's more coffee, more sleep or really getting mad enough
to get motivated.
Keith

• Haha
Reactions: AussieCate
Sometimes it's hard to find the motivation. With me sometimes it's more coffee, more sleep or really getting mad enough
to get motivated.
Keith
I apologise - I accidently tagged you when I first posted from my phone. But I hear you ... I have so many other things to do ... like pack the car to drive 1200km overnight tonight on 5 hrs sleep! Coffee for me I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: KEITH KUHN
I apologise - I accidently tagged you when I first posted from my phone. But I hear you ... I have so many other things to do ... like pack the car to drive 1200km overnight tonight on 5 hrs sleep! Coffee for me I think.
No Problem.
Keith
N

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval