Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Aux button for GPS on/off (sort of)

Reaction score
After analizing telemetry data and experimenting A Lot with the channel mixer I was able to achieve a method to enable/disable using the Aux button.. Well, sort of; it is actually a combination of the Aux button + the Rate (turtle/hare) slider.

It kind of works; it is at most an iffy work-around.

I havent tested it while flying, as I mentioned its just a workaround and its not reliable (sometimes you have to try a couple of times to enable/disable) until I find a solid solution I consider it just an table-top experiment.

Anyway, it is nice to be able to see this work without having to use the screen at all.

Greetings!

Reactions: AeroJ and h-elsner
If it works "most of the time" I'll bet that combination has always been available, but just as a hidden Easter egg... plausible deniability... "WTF? We never told you to do that! " ;) ;) nudge nudge

Will someone please tell me why anyone would want to defeat GPS? What is the advantage of flying without that function active?

If there is an issue with the GPS, it can cause drifting, unresponsive to corrective inputs... or even a flyaway. If GPS is quickly disabled you can gain full manual control and safely land the craft. However you need to gain some practice with the GPS disabled, in a non-emergency scenario... which will lessen the initial reaction of panic.

Reactions: DoomMeister
I tried everywhich way and every combination of the control and button and could not get the gps to turn off like the original post

Not sure we are going to get more specific info, until Jules feels he has a consistent solution.

RoySky, In addition to being able to take control when GPS is lost, some pilots fly without GPS, also called Attitude Mode, to give a smoother flight when filming.

Will someone please tell me why anyone would want to defeat GPS? What is the advantage of flying without that function active?

RoySky, In addition to being able to take control when GPS is lost, some pilots fly without GPS, also called Attitude Mode, to give a smoother flight when filming.

Or just for fun; It's lots of fun to fly the H with GPS off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval