Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Backwoods Camping & Typhoon batteries

Reaction score
Hello-

So, I got the H Pro back from the shop, and I'm ready to fly again. We're leaving on Wednesday for a week of camping in the woods of Northern Maine. By in the woods, I mean in a camper, with no electricity. I'm brining the drone, with four fully charged batteries. I hope to be able to do more flying than a single flight on each battery though. I have the factory charger that came with the Pro package, including the lighter plug cord. I'm wondering about the best way to charge the batteries. Here are the options I have:

1- Using the lighter plug, with the truck running (either parked, or while we are out touring or running errands).

2- Plugged into one of the campers outlets, while it is powered by the generator.

Anyone have thoughts? If there are factors I've left out, let me know and I can add them. Thanks

Hello-

So, I got the H Pro back from the shop, and I'm ready to fly again. We're leaving on Wednesday for a week of camping in the woods of Northern Maine. By in the woods, I mean in a camper, with no electricity. I'm brining the drone, with four fully charged batteries. I hope to be able to do more flying than a single flight on each battery though. I have the factory charger that came with the Pro package, including the lighter plug cord. I'm wondering about the best way to charge the batteries. Here are the options I have:

1- Using the lighter plug, with the truck running (either parked, or while we are out touring or running errands).

2- Plugged into one of the campers outlets, while it is powered by the generator.

Anyone have thoughts? If there are factors I've left out, let me know and I can add them. Thanks
All three are good choices. If you use the lighter plug you don't need to have the truck running. I doubt it'll drain the truck battery too much. Or just use your generator.

Use #2. Not much sense in running the truck battery (your means of transportation) to charge drone batteries.

Whatever went into a drone battery is that much less that what had been in your truck battery.

When we went camping last summer In Upstate NY, I used the outlets in the shower/bathrooms while I got cleaned up in the morning, each charge took about one hour. this was with my Typhoon H.
Some of the campsites had Cell Phone charging stations where you put you cell phone in a vault box for a quarter and took a key to open the box when your went back to get your phone after it had charged.

Hello-

solar panels and or wind turbine hanging off the window as you're driving...

Hello-

Just be careful of those trees in the woods.

The vehicle battery power used to charge a LiPo is about equal to 7-10 minutes of alternator recharge time.
(I'm including about 2 minutes to replace the starter drain.)
If you're driving, the alternator will more than keep up.

I'm not even sure where the OEM charger is, all my balance chargers run off AC/DC and I can easily charge 5 batteries without running the battery down too far, but I also have a 2003 GMC 1500HD with a ginormous truck battery

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33