Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charge rates and times

Reaction score
Hi all, I have the after market charge cable for the H battery to use with my B6 charger. I just wondered what charge rate people recommended and what sort of charge times they were achieving. 5400 battery.
Thanks.

I charge mine at 5.4 amps, and usually I'll go from storage to full charge in about 45 minutes. I'll go from nearly empty to full in a little over an hour.

I was thinking of 5.4 amps as adopting the standard rule of thumb. Just seemed a little high, but I'm guessing ok though.
Thanks for the reply btw. [emoji1303]

Yeah, some here have said based on the time the Yuneec batteries provide and the calculated draw, they are actually 6300mAh batteries which have been mislabeled as 5400mAh. To be safe and take Yuneec at their word, i.e. 5400mAh, then 5.4 amps would be an industry standard of 1C charge rate. Keep in mind though that your charger needs to be capable of at least 90.7 watts to do this. My ThunderPower AC/DC charger will only do around 70 watts on AC so I'm limited to around a 4 amp or 0.8C charge rate unless I connect it to a 12v DC car battery.

Yuneec's charger charges at 0.5C or 45.4 watts and takes 2 hrs to fully charge from empty. 1C reduces that time to 1 hr assuming that's from LiPo battery empty (which isn't really empty). To extend the life of your batteries it's better to not go to empty or the low voltage cutoff warning which is why MM1992 is getting 45 minutes to charge at 1C or 5.4 amps.

A simple formula to remember for a safe 1C charge rate is to look at the battery label for the mAh then use mAh / 1000 = Charge Amps so 5400mAh / 1000 = 5.4 Amps or 200mAh / 1000 = 0.2 amps etc.

There's lots of good discussion here around batteries if you use the search.

To extend the life of your batteries it's better to not go to empty or the low voltage cutoff warning which is why MM1992 is getting 45 minutes to charge at 1C or 5.4 amps.

And the 6300 mAh battery is why I'm taking slightly over an hour to fully charge one. (and the time to balance the cells) I run mine until about 14.6V or so and then I land. I'll usually put in about 5000-5500 mAh on a full charge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus