Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging plug for H520

In storage mode the normal is between 3.8 and 3.9V per cell.

To determine how much per cell it is as easy as dividing the total voltage by the number of cells. 15.6/4=3.9V. I think it's more normal than 3.92V.

In order to know the total capacity of the fully charged battery, this is done by counting the total capacity of the fully charged battery. In this case LIHV would be 4.35V per cell, giving a total of 17.4V.

So to charge these batteries what setting would be used on a LiHVcharger?
What Volts and what Watts?

I have just bought a skyRC Q200 and will be using this for balance charging and putting into storage mode.

Apologize for the delay, I missed the question.
Although the Lipo battery can be charged at 1C, I charge it at 0.8C and I do it for all my Lipo batteries. It is not aggresive and the battery does not heat up too much.

Apologize for the delay, I missed the question.
Although the Lipo battery can be charged at 1C, I charge it at 0.8C and I do it for all my Lipo batteries. It is not aggresive and the battery does not heat up too much.
Hi Claudius,

So this is approx 4.5A , what Watts do you set the channels to? Is it the calculation (4x4.35) x charge amperage?

The calculation is done automatically by the Q200, I put 4200 Mah in charging power and it is the Q200, which adjusts the power as and when.
It can be stronger at start-up and finish weaker at the end of the load.
It is him who works, I gave the money for!

Reactions: Fin
I just wanted to thank you for this thread @claudius62 I have now built my first cable and can now properly manage my batteries and charge them so much faster, again many thanks to you.
s!ArM7w80kgDl8g4dE2wEABZ-hnGJIbg

Deleted last posts as they were confusing.
I have drawn up this wiring and pin out drawing as i think it is a bit clearer.
Can someone confirm this is correct.
H520 LIHV PINOUTS.jpg

Reactions: arruntus
That looks to be correct, just note the orientation of my last photo is the underside of the balance plug, not the side with the two tabs/guides on it

That looks to be correct, just note the orientation of my last photo is the underside of the balance plug, not the side with the two tabs/guides on it
So to confirm Cell4 is the second pin on the large deans connector

No, Cell 4 is the last mini pin before the negative single deans connector, the second pin on the large deans is the first positive connection for cell 1.
Image 08.JPG

I would largely ignore what it says on your charger balance board, on balance plugs if you look at the flat side, the negative is always on the left and the positive cell connection is always on the right. The numbering is largely irrelevant as I find that is never consistent from charger to charger, a cell that reads as cell 1 on one of my chargers could read as cell 4 on another. as long as you can read the 4 individual voltages and balance each cell that is all that really matters.
One thing I would say though. is if you are planning on recording internal resistance over time, then make sure you always use the same charger because of the above possibility of cell numbering difference.

747763C5-AAAF-410C-92B6-5E4279A7E3F6.jpeg
So after much messing about I have managed to make a working cable.

My q200 seems to put them in storage at 25% 3.9V per Cell

Last edited:
The good wiring is this one.
Try to respect the wiring for balancing. The loader does a sequence starting from the first cell. It will work more or less well or not if it starts on another cell, at the risk of bringing a disintegration in the long run.
prise et cablage.jpg

Be careful the + Battery charge and + Cellulle 1 are connected inside the battery pack.
Do not bring one - one of the 4 cells on this + cell 1. Unless you like the fireworks.

Reactions: Fin
So has anyone tried modifying their H520 charging base yet?

It is missing the (+) pin but as Claudius said this is connected to the next pin across.

I think this would be great to have as an option with the Multi charger can then put another battery into storage mode!

6E7BE443-5908-43F1-9D78-7CDFF7296591.jpeg So here is an image of the epoxy casting on my plug, I have fully encased the wires. All the cables were soldered before placing the connectors into a jig, once placed I created a form large enough so I could full encapsulate the cables and connectors in one pour.
This has created a strong plug.
The first one I made I didn’t feel was very strong.
Also note the slight difference in length on the Red and Black cables - that extra little detail to stop any possible shorts..

Good work....
I see that I make emulators.
At least it has the advantage of occupying the winter months.moqueur dji.gif

I am going to have to get my wife to build this for me she is the engineer in the family. . I am fed up waiting on Yuneec coming up with something.

Of course, if you wait after Yuneec. We are always waiting for the correct flight software for the H520.
And I do not feel fast. If it will be, the warranty may be over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy