Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery charging

Reaction score
hello pilots, quick question......I've little confused on how to charge batteries and with what? seen factory charger is no good for these batteries? do I need to get another charger or am I good with the factory one? storage: when they talk about storage do you mean for couple days at a time or months at time? and is it safe to charge and store in my house because of fire hazard? need all the info I can to preserve and get all I can out of them....also not knowing the 10 and 10 rule, I charged batteries and flew q500 til low batt came up on my st10+...hope i didn't damage battery..thanks in advance

Last edited:
hi
if you intend to stay in the hobby for a long time do your self and your batteries a favor get a better charger , the Yuneec stock charger is OK but will not put your battery in storage mode or show how many MaH put into your battery , and what we mean " storage " when you are not going to use your battery in the next day or two place your batteries in storage mode , never leave your battlers fully charged they will last longer in storage mode ( with each cell having 3.75 to 3.80 v ) .you can charge your batteries at home but be care full " NEVER LEAVE YOUR BATTERIES CHARGING UNATTENDED " if you can charge them out doors . from what i understand lipo's are most venerable when being charged . i carry my batteries in a lipo carry bag not in the Yuneec carry case .
the yuneec uses a 3s battery meaning it has 3 cells , when fully charged each cell will have 4.20 v in each cell .

i charge my batteries in lipo bags and store them in a vented ammo can .

this is my battery charger a Hitec 4x plus ac/dc
s-l225.jpg

go on line and go to "you tube" to learn more about lipo's and chargers , there are so many good chargers .

you can get one of these ,Lipo Battery voltage tester and low voltage buzzer alarm
s-l225.jpg

they are cheep and work great they read full voltage of each cell .
if you need more info just ask .
fly safe

Thank you sir....good info....I will purchase me a better charger soon....I was not aware of how these batteries were until now...thanks

Update: purchased a Hitec X2 charger so I can charge two at one time so I can spend more time in the air, also got two LiPo safe bags to charge in and a tester....thanks for all the recommendations....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval