Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery contraption

Reaction score
As if a balance lipo tester wasnt good enough now our Shenzhen allies of the east are making this cool new product. One of the pictures made me laugh as I could imagine someone actually doing this with their batteries.

Screenshot_2016-10-10-22-11-21.png

Ralphy I hear that your in the process of designing a battery holder for the H that will be able to carry 2 Batteries is this true? Cuz after seeing a DJI setup that had 2 batteries 1 on each side, that is what I've been thinking about especially if the 2 batteries can be normal Lipos so we could potentially have 2 8000Mah lipos on the bird at the same time yet the cost of 2 bateries would be about equal to the cost of one stock H battery which really catches my attention..

Reactions: Ralphy
Tom,

The problem is the down force of the thrust the hex creates. I flew a 16,000 mah under the belly with Velcro and got a 34 min flight with the first warning at 27 min. This was on an lihv with no camera. I designed the whole setup to put the camera and all and the motors got really strained with only yielding a 24 min flight on the same battery.

I think a dual setup of 10,000 to 12,000 mah total would yield a nice flight time of 30 min without the ESC and motors melting down. Everything I have developed with the help if the community is tested a lot before I sell it. I don't like making something that can potentially ruin someone's H or void the warranty.

yes that makes perfect sense & thank you for looking out for all of us in keeping the setups from ruining any items on the H. If you go to Aliexpress.com and look up Maytech Official Shop and then go to the bottom of this listing that Ill post below you'll see a Octacopter with a ton of weight strapped to the bottom of it and they upgraded the ESC's and are saying that it keeps the engines much cooler so maybe you'll want to take a look. Here it is: Maytech 9060 carbon propellers for Typhoon H 480 ( 3 pairs) -in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Reactions: Ralphy
yes that makes perfect sense & thank you for looking out for all of us in keeping the setups from ruining any items on the H. If you go to Aliexpress.com and look up Maytech Official Shop and then go to the bottom of this listing that Ill post below you'll see a Octacopter with a ton of weight strapped to the bottom of it and they upgraded the ESC's and are saying that it keeps the engines much cooler so maybe you'll want to take a look. Here it is: Maytech 9060 carbon propellers for Typhoon H 480 ( 3 pairs) -in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Tom, what does the carbon fiber props have to do with the ESC, you mentioned upgrading ESC, then post a link on carbon fiber props? Curious is all ! ;)

The props are cool but I would rather they have made a better or larger profile . Seems they copied the same design just in carbon fiber.

I'm not sure we can upgrade the ESC on the H easily. Is all integrated into one monolithic board. Matching vesc and motor ratings is a skillful trade. The H isn't really a heavy lifting copter. Although I saw a funny video if it dropping some coconuts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval