Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery flight times and stock range

Reaction score
It's pretty windy out and I just did two batteries. Forgot to time the first one but the second one gave me 11 minutes. My average flight times are between 10 - 15 minutes. Mine don't seem to last long at all. Also learnt a lesson in that when doing a range test fly into the wind! Not with the wind otherwise you'll be having kittens like me when it's down to 1 bar and still over the field struggling to fly home. Thought she was a goner. I did manage a 5000ft flight though according to the st16 which was impressive. What is the longest stock range someone has achieved?

Adam fly your batteries to bout 14.5 or two bars. Your flight times will get better the more you fly em.

I do fly them to a minimum of 14.5 - 14.7. Just this one time it went down to 14.1 when I was panicking to get it home. have always landed with 2 bars before. Seriously underestimated how much power it needed to fight the strong winds!

I can get an easy 18 min if I just hover.
Been timing this lately to get an idea for filming fireworks. Fly up to 300 feet, maybe 200-500 feet downrange and just let is sit.
15 minuets or less if I am moving around a lot. 11 minutes when I had it flying in a big circle fast as she would go non stop.
Really wish we could adjust the low battery warning to a user selectable setting. If I was flying far out, I would want it at a much higher level.
I have started a log to keep an eye on times, charge times, and Mah put back into the battery. I only have 2 but want 2 more.

Reactions: Adamday331
I can get an easy 18 min if I just hover.
Been timing this lately to get an idea for filming fireworks. Fly up to 300 feet, maybe 200-500 feet downrange and just let is sit.
15 minuets or less if I am moving around a lot. 11 minutes when I had it flying in a big circle fast as she would go non stop.
Really wish we could adjust the low battery warning to a user selectable setting. If I was flying far out, I would want it at a much higher level.
I have started a log to keep an eye on times, charge times, and Mah put back into the battery. I only have 2 but want 2 more.

10ish minutes flight isn't much though for the charge time.I keep wanting to time the flights but I forget. I'm just processing the flight home. Lots of jello and shakes in the footage from the wind. Also had to stop filming near the end as I thought it might save a few mah's! My charge times are roughly 1.5 - 1.75 hours.

Adam I think I have about 20 ish flights on my TH. I just went out to see the amount of time vs battery power left on it. First I went out 1400 ft at 175ft altitude I lost LOS. I put on RTH now I had lost my wifi but I knew it was still recording. When I saw the Goose I sent him back out, this time at a 45*angle to the first time. This time he went out 1845ft and I lost wifi again. Once again it was RTH and he came back. I paused him overhead at 175ft for a minute then decended 165ft. Now I let him hover for another minute while I got into landing position. He landed,I turned off my camera, turned off my timer. It read 12.34.79. I looked at my battery in my TH , it had 3 bars and read 15.1 volts. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten another 5/6 minutes. Now Adam I was recording with this battery. But I'm going to ask a question and you don't haf to answer it. Have you dropped your battery or your TH?

Adam I think I have about 20 ish flights on my TH. I just went out to see the amount of time vs battery power left on it. First I went out 1400 ft at 175ft altitude I lost LOS. I put on RTH now I had lost my wifi but I knew it was still recording. When I saw the Goose I sent him back out, this time at a 45*angle to the first time. This time he went out 1845ft and I lost wifi again. Once again it was RTH and he came back. I paused him overhead at 175ft for a minute then decended 165ft. Now I let him hover for another minute while I got into landing position. He landed,I turned off my camera, turned off my timer. It read 12.34.79. I looked at my battery in my TH , it had 3 bars and read 15.1 volts. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten another 5/6 minutes. Now Adam I was recording with this battery. But I'm going to ask a question and you don't haf to answer it. Have you dropped your battery or your TH?

No they've never been dropped and are always transported in its box. Never had a harsh landing either. I bought 2 spare batteries when I got my typhoon so have 3 in total. I'm wondering if the high winds made a big difference. I need to time all 3 on a calm day but I'm not sure I'll get the times I want, which is at least 15 minutes each with general flying and hovering.

Adam I have the DBS . Because I am smack in the middle of forest. The range before was 1000ft. I have been out to 2900 ft on land..it could have gone further but high voltage stopped me. I have heard water helps range.

Here is the some footage from the flight today. I pushed the record button at 5000ft away. The camera movements aren't pretty as I was just flying and viewing. But thought I'd try to capture the flight home.

Reactions: yuneec53
What was you battery level? I noticed your front lights were blinking. You have great countryside to get out. Good luck,and fly safe.

Battery was low enough to have me running to the edge of the field so I could see in case it came down. Ended on 14.1, seemed to drop off dramatically when I was far out. 15v to 14.7 in a matter of seconds. It was a heart stopping flight home.

You can also see how little detail there is on the right side of the picture. 360p quality. The rest is pin sharp.

I was out today doing some testing. On the second battery I got just over 18 minutes and landed at 14.3 volts just as the first low level battery warning came on. A normal sort of flight...just flying around really. Wind was about 15 MPH about 100 ft up.

PS. First battery did 16.5 minutes landing at 14.4 volts

If any interest I put a battery on charge at half 7ish and it's just beeped. So that's 1.25 hours. Could it be duff?

If any interest I put a battery on charge at half 7ish and it's just beeped. So that's 1.25 hours. Could it be duff?
If it's charging from the 14.1v it had (under load) when you landed then 1.25 hours does seem a little quick. I also gotta say that your flight times are a bit shorter than I'd expect. A duff battery is a possibility. Get it tested.

Mine usually recharge in an hour so not bad as low as you were. If you make a habit of it could hurt the battery. Make sure they aren't hot.

Mine usually recharge in an hour so not bad as low as you were. If you make a habit of it could hurt the battery. Make sure they aren't hot.

1.5ish has been my average. 1.25 seems fast but it could have been the one I ran to 14.7v.

They're always cool/room temperature before charging as recommended.

Well, my second battery that I used today (18 minutes landing at 14.3v) was brand new first time in the air so if it is the case that they improve with a few more flights I may hit the holy grail at 20 minutes flight time ;)

FV Happybirthday. I'm looking to hit 22 at a minimum. Maybe? Head wind tail wind or cross wind will affect your battery. How broke in the batt is can affect it also. Never rely on how your TH has done in the past. Your only as good as your last flight FV Happy Birthday.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval