Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery life h520 and flight times

I'm sorry I can't do it because it's been snowing and raining here for more than a month without stopping every day, only 1 or 2 haven't done it and since the wind hasn't been able to fly either. I haven't updated since the last time I flew.

Today again it has started to snow very hard and now it is raining on the snow :(

My current firmware versions
Update app 0.0.29
Data Pilot 1.2.5
Camera E90 1.0.02E
Flight Controller 1.2.0
Gimbal 1.34.0

Getting 13 - 15 minutes.
Slow and gentle flights.

My current firmware versions
Update app 0.0.29
Data Pilot 1.2.5
Camera E90 1.0.02E
Flight Controller 1.2.0
Gimbal 1.34.0

Getting 13 - 15 minutes.
Slow and gentle flights.

Yes same firmware as mine in uk. Since 1.2.0 update flight time has dropped to around 13 mins. Here is the reason I think.

Landing on 23% about 13 mins
When back at home I put the batteries into storage charge mode using the A10 but that tells me the batteries are at 40% ish and only takes 7 mins to get them to 50%
So the update to 1.2.0 which was supposed to make the ST16s percentage repot mor accurate has actually done the opposite

Reactions: arruntus
Yes same firmware as mine in uk. Since 1.2.0 update flight time has dropped to around 13 mins. Here is the reason I think.

Landing on 23% about 13 mins
When back at home I put the batteries into storage charge mode using the A10 but that tells me the batteries are at 40% ish and only takes 7 mins to get them to 50%
So the update to 1.2.0 which was supposed to make the ST16s percentage repot mor accurate has actually done the opposite

It is good to know that it is simply an error, or other error, in the battery sensor configuration. Last update has been on the street for some time now, what's the point of getting a small update that only solves that? The drop in performance is important enough to do so.

So to be clear, with the consensus of Pegasus and arruntus, what we believe the problem is:

“The battery level calculation is in error in flight controller firmware revision 1.2.0”.

After about 13 minutes drain time, when “normally” we would see somewhere around 40% battery remaining, the calculation is now stating somewhere around 23% to 28%, which triggers a “land you dummy” warning. Thus we are limited to those 13 minutes cuz eventually the failsafe will take over and make our landing for us.

That about sum up the situation?

Jeff

P.S. thanks to those who posted your revision levels and your flight times!

So to be clear, with the consensus of Pegasus and arruntus, what we believe the problem is:

“The battery level calculation is in error in flight controller firmware revision 1.2.0”.

After about 13 minutes drain time, when “normally” we would see somewhere around 40% battery remaining, the calculation is now stating somewhere around 23% to 28%, which triggers a “land you dummy” warning. Thus we are limited to those 13 minutes cuz eventually the failsafe will take over and make our landing for us.

Jeff

That’s about the long and short of it by my assumption. I asked Yuneec about downgrading back to 1.1.12 and at this stage they advised against it as it may brick the aircraft. They are however talking to Germany to find out if this can be done. If it can I will attempt it and report back.

That’s about the long and short of it by my assumption. I asked Yuneec about downgrading back to 1.1.12 and at this stage they advised against it as it may brick the aircraft. They are however talking to Germany to find out if this can be done. If it can I will attempt it and report back.

Thanks, Pegasus!

Did you happen to ask if 1) they are aware of the issue, and if so 2) any idea when a fix release might be available?

Jeff

I will just ignore the warning until I hit 20% then land, the reported % will then climb back up to 27% approx..

Curious as to whether you will have a choice, per my previous reply.

I would hope that this will be corrected in the next few firmware updates. for this to be a viable commercial platform - for which there is great potential - any ops manual submitted to the CAA will require thinks like battery percentages etc. to be correct

As far as you can tell, the problem started with that version of the update that precisely announced that it was correcting the previous battery indication problem. So it is logical to think that the problem is that if after landing it gives that % of battery remaining. Luckily, I can't fly because of bad weather and I haven't updated yet, until it's corrected I won't, it would make the situation worse.

Thanks, Pegasus!

Did you happen to ask if 1) they are aware of the issue, and if so 2) any idea when a fix release might be available?

Jeff

They were surprised at my remark and said they would look into it. I have had huge issues with my 520 especially the E90. It is not useable as a camera using jpgs as the latest firmware update appears to make the jpgs cloudy/dull/colourless. Yuneec UK have been great but currently no timescale for a fix.
Therefore I have had to use DNG but they also are unuseable to the curved horizon and curved bottom. My clients have actually rejected some of my work and I have had to reshoot with my P4P.
That said I have just purchased the E50
I’m hoping this will work for me in the interim until a fix has arrived.
I will post examples later on today of the comparisons in jpgs and DNG if you wish.

I will just ignore the warning until I hit 20% then land, the reported % will then climb back up to 27% approx..

The problem with ignoring warnings is that they are all logged in the tlog/ulog files.
If something was to go wrong such as battery loss and a crash as a PfCO holder would my insurance pay out and would the CAA be on my case?
Now as for the USA and the FAA the latest news of them grounding the 920 is kinda worrying until Yuneec issue a fix for that.
I would imagine that is a priority right now.

The problem with ignoring warnings is that they are all logged in the tlog/ulog files.
If something was to go wrong such as battery loss and a crash as a PfCO holder would my insurance pay out and would the CAA be on my case?
Now as for the USA and the FAA the latest news of them grounding the 920 is kinda worrying until Yuneec issue a fix for that.
I would imagine that is a priority right now.

Pegasus,

Can you point us to this FAA 920 grounding you mentioned?

My searches are coming up empty.

Thanks!

Jeff

Pegasus,

Can you point us to this FAA 920 grounding you mentioned?

My searches are coming up empty.

Thanks!

Jeff

It was in a Facebook group chatting about the Q200 and it diversed to the 920 in the end. I’ve had a look and I can’t find it. It was a long thread and didn’t start as a 920 chat. Sorry

Jeff

Please see my new thread regarding downgrading back to 1.1.11
Doubled my flight time today after the downgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nashamukti52