Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery life h520 and flight times

Anybody else having trouble keeping a Wi-Fi connection while trying to use Update Pilot? I've successfully used Update Pilot before. I seem to remember it changing to the aircraft's camera Wi-Fi when it needed too but today it consistently fails while its trying to Sync..
I've used Android's settings to select my Internet connected Wi-Fi and when I start Update Pilot it disconnects and complains. Opening settings and reconnecting, loses the connection again when I return to Update Pilot. Connecting the ST-16S Wi-Fito the camera first also fails whether I use DataPilot or Android settings however this failure claims It can't get to that site. What am I overlooking?

Vol 096-02 (I) Roc Trévezel 1920.jpg
Last week, I made a sublime flight in the Monts d'Arrée in Brittany. I was surprised when loading the flight log. A flight of 14 minutes, 28 seconds decreased the battery from 98% to 63%. I was halfway between Turtle mode and fast mode as speed setting.
By calculating well, we could do a flight of 28 minutes for a use of 70% of the battery. Not that bad in the end. (I specify, little wind, about 10 km / h).

View attachment 9334
Last week, I made a sublime flight in the Monts d'Arrée in Brittany. I was surprised when loading the flight log. A flight of 14 minutes, 28 seconds decreased the battery from 98% to 63%. I was halfway between Turtle mode and fast mode as speed setting.
By calculating well, we could do a flight of 28 minutes for a use of 70% of the battery. Not that bad in the end. (I specify, little wind, about 10 km / h).

Forget about those calculations Claudius. The good ones are, from the moment you take off to the moment you land without battery.

Some have already commented on the 28 minutes. I'm sorry, but I don't believe it.

What do you say, I turned on the H520, I didn't spend 5 minutes looking at the screen on the ground doing nothing and then counting that time too, or, I've been flying for 10 minutes in stationary.......... ( that doesn't count). I flew at low, medium, high speed, with nothing, little or a lot of wind and when I landed I was in the air X minutes. That's the calculation that counts. The actual flight time.

I can say that with winds of 60km/h and gusts of something more at low speed, between 12 and 14 minutes. Checked on five flights.

Yes, you're right, the actual takeoff-landing flight was between 12:22 and 12:33 and 30s, which is 11mm30, which takes us back to about 23 minutes for 70% of the battery in this configuration .
Ps: To fly at 60 km / h of wind, you have to want it. it's not everyday.47

Last edited:
We've seen videos where the wind was even stronger, so I picked it up little by little. Then I got confident. There was one place I didn't dare, on the top of a mountain because the wind was shaking the car. What a festive holiday at Easter, the worst time in many years. Battery life was down by half, little more. But it's a wonder to see how he behaves. The gimbal wasn't so good, it had problems, but with so much wind I think it's even normal.

I was worried that I didn't realize record how I was flying.

Typhoon H520 with E90 camera crossing 30 min flight time and 5.7km travel

Attachments

• 86B5AD06-1B67-442D-8366-CF8E2714615D.jpeg
    86B5AD06-1B67-442D-8366-CF8E2714615D.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 16

Is that your catch or did you find it online?

I don't know, I don't believe it very much. An H520 as standard giving that flight time........... even exceeding the manufacturer's specifications. Something smells burnt :eek:

All information is welcome and not just an image :D

P.D.: After checking the coordinates the location is in Israel, same photos I've seen in a Facebook group. Are you the same person who publishes them there @gil ????

You should believe it! We flew the H520 for more than 30 minuets and more than 5.7km travel as you could see on the print screen took before landing.
The battery used for this flight is the new GIFI 7900mAh 15.2V.
And yes it’s done in Israel and posted also on Facebook.
Gil

Is that your catch or did you find it online?

I don't know, I don't believe it very much. An H520 as standard giving that flight time........... even exceeding the manufacturer's specifications. Something smells burnt :eek:

All information is welcome and not just an image :D

P.D.: After checking the coordinates the location is in Israel, same photos I've seen in a Facebook group. Are you the same person who publishes them there @gil ????

Attachments

• 3225C5C7-9B86-4952-9379-CC3163CC876F.jpeg
    3225C5C7-9B86-4952-9379-CC3163CC876F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: arruntus
Ok the new batterys :)

Without further data it is assumed that it was the H520 stock.

It's a good flight time and I understand it's a mixed flight. Good job :D

Ok the new batterys :)

Without further data it is assumed that it was the H520 stock.

It's a good flight time and I understand it's a mixed flight. Good job :D

This flight was mainly by autonomous way points mission at 4m\s ground speed, and about 1-1.5 minuets total hovering time

Reactions: arruntus
This flight was mainly by autonomous way points mission at 4m\s ground speed, and about 1-1.5 minuets total hovering time

That is, if the drone is stationary all the time it's easy to get good times. What is important is to take times in a minimally realistic type of flight, as we use it in any flight. Well done. Thx :)

That is, if the drone is stationary all the time it's easy to get good times. What is important is to take times in a minimally realistic type of flight, as we use it in any flight. Well done. Thx :)

In stationary flying you will get less time than cruising flights which gets better lifting profile

In stationary flying you will get less time than cruising flights which gets better lifting profile

Just in case the drone doesn't change direction, the moment you make a turn change, what you say doesn't come true. Turn changes are by far what consumes the most battery and consumption grows exponentially with the degrees of inclination of the turn.

It is as little difference in consumption to do it as you say it is despised, even if it is true because it is not practical to do so :rolleyes:

Ideal flight duration calculation conditions: At sea level, no wind and stationary flight. That's how all the manufacturers calculate what they put on the paper, precisely why we never meet those specifications, it's very boring to be all the time with the drone still without moving o_O

Just in case the drone doesn't change direction, the moment you make a turn change, what you say doesn't come true. Turn changes are by far what consumes the most battery and consumption grows exponentially with the degrees of inclination of the turn.

It is as little difference in consumption to do it as you say it is despised, even if it is true because it is not practical to do so :rolleyes:

Ideal flight duration calculation conditions: At sea level, no wind and stationary flight. That's how all the manufacturers calculate what they put on the paper, precisely why we never meet those specifications, it's very boring to be all the time with the drone still without moving o_O

As you could see on the attached print screen, the H520 covered 5.7km flight travel with average 4.4mps wind speed at bit more than 30 min flight time, so according to your explanation if we flown it stationary close to sea level it should flown about 35-36 min.. is that correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-14-16-07-04.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-14-16-07-04.png
    502.4 KB · Views: 10
As you could see on the attached print screen, the H520 covered 5.7km flight travel with average 4.4mps wind speed at bit more than 30 min flight time, so according to your explanation if we flown it stationary close to sea level it should flown about 35-36 min.. is that correct?

And without wind, the theory says that the flight time is effectively increased. Well the theory and practice, even if you go slowly, the tests I've done give me more time in stationary than making turns. 4 m/s or 14 km/h is a slow speed and the turns are not pronounced but still I dare say it would give more time. (On a normal, video-recording flight, I usually don't go this slow, but I don't go much faster either).

These conditions are what the vast majority of manufacturers use, obviously, is to cheat because then in reality we do not fly the drones under those circumstances and therefore reduces the flight time we get. Unfortunately very few manufacturers make more real tests, like the ones you seem to have done and they give the data of height above sea level and speed.

You have it easy, if you dare one day and you want to use a battery in those conditions, it would be good to know the results you get ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33