Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery life

@OmegaOmega 12 minutes seems pretty low. Are you located at a high altitude? If you have a voltmeter it would be good to check your battery voltage right after charging. Perhaps your charger is not working right.

YES they should build a 8000mah battery that fits perfectly in the H. : ) Maybe for Chirstmas they will surprise us.
I have ordered one of the Multistar 8000 mAh batteries to test with my adapter. It should give a few more minutes flight time. My only concern is the weight. On a hot day (90 degrees and up) my motors get warmer than I would like. Adding weight and longer flight time will make this worse.

Hey guys.....what you think about thos A10 yuneec charger they sell. Is this balance charger ?

Define "warmer" and how that relates to "normal" or "nominal" for motor/ESC type against typical current load for the flight profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Define "warmer" and how that relates to "normal" or "nominal" for motor/ESC type against typical current load for the flight profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a really hot day, my motors may be so hot that you don't want to leave your hand on them. Two of them are always hotter than the rest. Have not measured the temp but I would guess about 130 degrees F. On a day which is 55 degrees the motors will barely be warm after a flight.

On a really hot day, my motors may be so hot that you don't want to leave your hand on them. Two of them are always hotter than the rest. Have not measured the temp but I would guess about 130 degrees F. On a day which is 55 degrees the motors will barely be warm after a flight.

Im sure you dont have the adapter i made, but im certain your two rear motors are working much harder to compensate the weight offset towards the rear due to the adapter your using. You might fry them at those temps on hotter days.

An easy way to help your motors out is to rotate the camera 180 degrees and fly backwards. This will cause the rearward weight balance to work with the path of travel vs against it. Think about it if you fly forward the rear wants to hang down due to improper weight distribution and the motors are actually working twice as hard to lift the dropping rear upwards to fly forward.

Last edited:
Im sure you dont have the adpater i made, but im certain your two rear motors are working much harder to compensate the weight offset towards the rear due to the adapter your using. You might fry them at those temps on hotter days.
Actually the weight distribution should be pretty good. My new adapter should allow the battery to nearly fit all the way inside. The battery and adapter will be permanently joined together with no space needed for connectors. Right now, my two hottest motors are one on front and one on the side so maybe this will balance things out ;)

Actually the weight distribution should be pretty good. My new adapter should allow the battery to nearly fit all the way inside. The battery and adapter will be permanently joined together with no space needed for connectors. Right now, my two hottest motors are one on front and one on the side so maybe this will balance things out ;)

Ok!

The 8000 battery is the same length as this one just a bit taller. It will fit the same depth just not have the tray around it.battery.jpg

@OmegaOmega 12 minutes seems pretty low. Are you located at a high altitude? If you have a voltmeter it would be good to check your battery voltage right after charging. Perhaps your charger is not working right.

No high altitude, was in Portland, OR this last trip which is where I purchased the H to get it tax free.

Flew it again this morning and same flight time for two of the three batteries. I saw the prior post about removing the camera and realsense; will try that until auto landing engages to test out time.

Going off the voltage from my telemetry logs, I started out at 16.5 on one and 16.9 on the other. I don't have the equipment on me to check using a legitimate voltmeter.

I don't have RealSense yet. The Multistar 6600 mAh battery seems to give a bit longer flight time than the standard Yuneec battery. I never fly to autolanding. I just head home and land after the first warning.
I have not received the 8000 battery yet. Ralphy says it's good for 24 minutes.

THBatteryTests-1C.JPG

THBatteryTests-2 C.jpg

Here's some stuff we're testing. From the top...Multistar 8000 LIHV. Next down: MS 8000 LIPO. Then another MS 8000 LIHV. Last is the GiFi 7000 LIPO. I am not endorsing the use of LIHV or oversize batteries.

Curious about what happens to neutral hover trim with these heavier batteries. My Chroma and H both will drift backwards with GPS off in a no wind hover with everything stock. I also wonder about possible increases in current loading as battery weight increases. Not knowing the capability of the ESC's or what percentage of capacity they are loaded to when aircraft weight is normal is also something to think about.

Point being it's not just about increasing battery capacity. There may or may not be enough system head room to safely accept a larger battery. Since many find flight time to be the most important factor in a purchase decision we might think Yuneec used the largest battery the system could handle in order to go up against the competition for market share. If people are not base lining their systems and performing their tests without benefit of volt/ammeter, temp sensors, or at least a lab quality temp gun and measuring while in flight the obtained results will be dubious at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: nicholas hickman
I don't have RealSense yet. The Multistar 6600 mAh battery seems to give a bit longer flight time than the standard Yuneec battery. I never fly to autolanding. I just head home and land after the first warning.
I have not received the 8000 battery yet. Ralphy says it's good for 24 minutes.

Lihv pushes close to 30min, but dont use it. It will register those higher voltages in your flight log.

You know something that will fly awesome in the H and yield 50% more energy per density. The 18650 cells. with a 4s2p configuration you can achieve 7000mah with approx 10c discharge rate and save space and about 200grams

With more cycles on my two LIHV 8000 batteries, I'm beginning to get better flight times. Today 24 minutes, with wind and semi-aggressive flying, temp 70 F. This on a RealSense Pro H, camera attached, but RS and cam off. Start voltage 17.4, ending 14.7. Surprised me.
Balance shows no ill effects.

With more cycles on my two LIHV 8000 batteries, I'm beginning to get better flight times. Today 24 minutes, with wind and semi-aggressive flying, temp 70 F. This on a RealSense Pro H, camera attached, but RS and cam off. Start voltage 17.4, ending 14.7. Surprised me.
Balance shows no ill effects.

Sweeet! Thanks for the update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig