Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery life

Kindly bear in mind that if you are within your one year warranty period using an LIHV may void the warranty.

The voltage increase is only 3.6% so I personally am not worried about the difference in voltage.

Dag nabbit!! I just ordered 2 h batteries. If I had seen this post earlier I would have bought these batteries. Lol. Would using 3rd party batteries void the warranty? I'm guessing the st16 also records info in the SD card that could provide proof to Yuneec that you used a battery other than theirs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dag nabbit!! I just ordered 2 h batteries. If I had seen this post earlier I would have bought these batteries. Lol. Would using 3rd party batteries void the warranty? I'm guessing the st16 also records info in the SD card that could provide proof to Yuneec that you used a battery other than theirs?

They monitor voltage only, you can erase flight data if you use a lihv if your concerned with warrenty issues.

If you erase flight data and have an incident where you are looking to Yuneec to save the day, you'll be out of luck. They will have the telemetry or you'll not get very far in your efforts.

Reactions: ChadCloses
If you erase flight data and have an incident where you are looking to Yuneec to save the day, you'll be out of luck. They will have the telemetry or you'll not get very far in your efforts.

Well the flight data is the telemetry... its erasable.

Indeed, but Yuneec always requests the telemetry for review before authorizing and providing an RA. No telemetry, no RA. Battery voltage is one of the telemetry reporting points.

FYI, I do sUAS incident reviews and reports for a different system and the electrical system is something reviewed with very close attention to very small details. I doubt Yuneec overlooks much in this area. There's nothing wrong with experimenting in attempts to find something better but be aware each is on their own when doing so. If something goes wrong, they remain on their own and solely responsible for the results. Erasing telemetry in order to make a warranty claim is just plain wrong at every level. I've participated in incident reviews where it was obvious operators had removed telemetry from the files. Even when comms are lost with the aircraft, some telemetry remains active.

Last edited:
I completely agree with PatR's comment!! While longer flight time is important it's not worth lying or being disingenuous to the manufacturer when they're willing to stand behind their product.

I completely agree with PatR's comment!! While longer flight time is important it's not worth lying or being disingenuous to the manufacturer when they're willing to stand behind their product.

Like how they lie about the flight time when its sold to you? Because ive never lied about the realiabity and performance of what i make.

Reactions: PatR
Like how they lie about the flight time when its sold to you? Because ive never lied about the realiabity and performance of what i make.

My comment wasn't directed towards previous comments or anyone personally Ralphy. I agree the fudge flight times because consumers consider that as one of the MAJOR advantages/disadvantages over the competition. That's why they all add the disclaimer "under optimum conditions". Lol

My comment wasn't directed towards previous comments or anyone personally Ralphy. I agree the fudge flight times because consumers consider that as one of the MAJOR advantages/disadvantages over the competition. That's why they all add the disclaimer "under optimum conditions". Lol

Thats cool i understand but I just think that a company using a small 3% voltage increase to void warranty on a flaw that is very common failure is potetially unfair to the buyer.

I feel the consumer should choose what information they provide, its the owners product and their data to do as you please. If it shouldnt be altered it should be engineered that way and since it isnt take full advantage.

I completely agree with you!! How many people have based their purchase based on misleading/false stats that drone companies post!?! I just purchased the Ultra Power UC120 battery charger because Yuneec only provides a charging station for one battery at a time. I bought 2 additional batteries and plan on buying 2 more for a total of 6. At a 2.5 hour charge time it would take me an 20 hours to charge each battery one at a time!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I completely agree with you!! How many people have based their purchase based on misleading/false stats that drone companies post!?! I just purchased the Ultra Power UC120 battery charger because Yuneec only provides a charging station for one battery at a time. I bought 2 additional batteries and plan on buying 2 more for a total of 6. At a 2.5 hour charge time it would take me an 20 hours to charge each battery one at a time!!

Ok well im sure you know you can get the charger adpater from the forum sponsers pretty cheap now. Those things help alot getting the batteries balanced charged and into storage.

Ok well im sure you know you can get the charger adpater from the forum sponsers pretty cheap now. Those things help alot getting the batteries balanced charged and into storage.

I did a search on the forum for dual chargers. I bought the Ultra power charger because members posted this charger in the same feed. I bought it for $110.00. At least now I can charge 3 batteries at a time. It amazes me that the battery lasts for maybe 20 min but takes 2.5 hours to charge!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig