Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery status

Reaction score
Hy, I was wondering if there is a simple way, without charge-station, nor inserting into your drone, to know the status of the battery ? With DJI you can actually see status-leds. Can't find anything on my Yuneec's battery ...

Isn't there a device you can plug onto, so can read out the status ? Should be easy to build, no ?

Reactions: BigAl07
Here's something that might do the job easily and quickly:

Battery Voltage Reader For Yuneec H520, Typhoon H, Typhoon H Plus, & Q500 Series | eBay

"The batteries for your Yuneec drones do not display their voltage level. With this device, you will be able to read the voltage of your drone batteries without having to turn on your aircraft or controller. This device simply plugs into your battery and reads the battery's current voltage level. This device is compatible with your Yuneec H520, Typhoon H, Typhoon H Plus, or Q500 series drone. "

I've never tried this particular unit but used to carry a similar one in my Flight Box for years for checking LiPo units on the flight line.

The other end is the H520 connector (other picture).
s-l500.jpg

That will give you the total battery voltage not each individual cell.

That will give you the total battery voltage not each individual cell.

Correct. For a "quick reference" that's all I'm needing in the field. If I need to know more I have other means available :)

Reactions: Steve Carr
So 100% would be all cells full, and 50% could be all cells at 50, or as an example, 2 cells at 100 and 2 at zero :)

Yes but this one only gives the total voltage and not every cell.
This device gives the voltage of each cell, makes it possible to rebalance the cells between them and also to put the battery in conservation mode while rebalancing the cells.
testeur.jpg

Reactions: BigAl07 and AH-1G
Well Arruntus, everything went well. They let me out a week before the end of the rehabilitation, that is to say ...
I look assiduously the post on the new firmware 1.5.10, but I'm still waiting before putting it. Anyway, it snows at home and I could not try it immediately.
It remains only to put the trajectories with curve on the H520 and we will have the essential.
Bye.

Well Arruntus, everything went well. They let me out a week before the end of the rehabilitation, that is to say ...
I look assiduously the post on the new firmware 1.5.10, but I'm still waiting before putting it. Anyway, it snows at home and I could not try it immediately.
It remains only to put the trajectories with curve on the H520 and we will have the essential.
Bye.

I'm glad everything went well and you're here again to drive us crazy :p

I told you, by the time you get back recovered, the big update will be waiting for you. And so it has been ;)

Yes but this one only gives the total voltage and not every cell.
This device gives the voltage of each cell, makes it possible to rebalance the cells between them and also to put the battery in conservation mode while rebalancing the cells.
View attachment 13866
What's the brand name on that tester and where can you get it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlife