Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Storage volts???

Reaction score
Do to the battery doesn't have smart technology is there a way to tell where these lipos are in there happy place for storage?

Reactions: Rayray
There you go, Joe. DC won't steer you wrong. The stock charger is useless for knowing the voltage.

If you get a better third party charger, you can see exactly what you have, and some will also discharge the batteries to what you want.
LIPO batteries have their storage voltage printed on the battery case, 14.8 volts, about 50% charge, with full charge at 16.8 volts. NEVER run a LIPO down too low.

Reactions: DroneClone
There you go, Joe. DC won't steer you wrong. The stock charger is useless for knowing the voltage.

If you get a better third party charger, you can see exactly what you have, and some will also discharge the batteries to what you want.
LIPO batteries have their storage voltage printed on the battery case, 14.8 volts, about 50% charge, with full charge at 16.8 volts. NEVER run a LIPO down too low.
I'm into a lot of different RC stuff so I have a real nice quad charger but its that plug that EBAY has for a low price of 100 is the problem. I did find a place that has them for 25 though. I don't understand these companies that put out these awesome drones, but gives you a crappy charger with a very temperamental lipo that needs to be stored correctly.

:rolleyes:

I'm into a lot of different RC stuff so I have a real nice quad charger but its that plug that EBAY has for a low price of 100 is the problem. I did find a place that has them for 25 though. I don't understand these companies that put out these awesome drones, but gives you a crappy charger with a very temperamental lipo that needs to be stored correctly.

All manufacturers will only supply a basic charger to keep the price point low overall, as far as lipo's are concerned they are not temperamental as long as you understand the battery limitations, problems occur with the lipo battery's when the user has not read up on how to look after them properly, once this is known they should give you a long service life.

Yuneec have been no different than DJI in as much making it difficult to charge their battery's with ordinary connectors, but like everything thing in this hobby eventually there is always workarounds.

Battery technology is slowly improving all the time also other ways of powering your drone is also being trialed.

Reactions: Reasty and Joe22
Every lithium Ion battery that you buy are preloaded with 75 %. New Yuneec batteries too.....

Check the specs on lipo's and ask any manufacturer or person on this forum!
It's your battery, do as you please with it! Just giving you the FACTS!:rolleyes: By the way, every lipo I have purchased and received for my DJI and Yuneec platforms have shipped to me at 45-55 % So to say every is not correct my friend! You can't even get on a airplane either with a 75% charged lipo.

Last edited:
I'll add something to this discussion about batteries.

I was taking video at a mud bog in Hale, Michigan a few weeks ago. It rained on and off. Despite covering the H and open case with an umbrella, everything got wet. I dried everything as best as possible, then at the end of the day I packed up and went home.

The next day I took out the batteries and oh crap, the connectors and balance ports were corroded on two batteries. Neither will charge because of poor connection to the pins on the charging base.

So take heed and make sure the batteries are completely dry even if they look dry. Mind you this is not salt water, just rain and the corrosion occurred rapidly. I cleaned them off but will need some contact cleaner and possibly may need to disassemble the battery to thoroughly inspect the connections.

Bottom line: these "special" batteries don't like moisture on the connectors. Next time I'll use a hair dryer.

Glider I had same problem in Iceland...it was remedied by using 92% isopropyl alcohol on a Q tip and cleaning contacts...battery as we speak is being cycled on my Graupner and no problems full charge to 16.8 and discharge to 14.8...good luck Prior to getting the adapter the battery which would not charge on the Yuneec Adapter also charged on it once the contact were cleaned...

Last edited:

Lipos are not "temperamental" but they do have minimum standards that are pretty much across the board with all of them. Storage voltage is, as previously mentioned, referenced on the battery. I am presuming that since you think Yuneec batteries are "temperamental" that your knowledge level of lithium chemistry batteries could stand some expansion. There are numerous battery educational sources easily found using a Google search. It would be greatly to your benefit to make use of one or more of them.

Reactions: Rayray
Hey Guys, I just got a nice Quadcam battery connector adapter that works great for the H batteries. You can connect to HitecX2 check IR etc.... where before you were blind. He is on the Forum all the time so get a hold of him for a set. I ordered from CH. on Aug 23rd and reached me in Connecticut on 9/7. So pretty fast turn around.

QuadCam

Cheers

Batfire

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval