Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Thank you Eagle Eye. Going to buy that EV-Peak

Until that arrives, I would suggest the following... do not re-charge your batteries immediately, as you are currently doing. Fly them down to a voltage on the ST-16 of 14.6V. After you get back home, they will have bounced back to a no-load voltage of around 15.2V (+/- 0.1V). Charge back up to full the night before flying again.

So far my Venom Power Typhoon H charger has worked extremely well. I think in my particular situation it was a lack of practical understanding on my part.

@rdonson - I've seen the LiPo battery care link. In this case I was trying to compare that guide, and any other perspectives with my apparent mistakes to figure out what to do going forward. I think I have a better idea now.. frankly I think my first biggest mistake was not paying close enough attention to the initial state of the batteries.. When I bought the drone and additional battery from Fry's I think they were in already less-then stellar shape. Thinking back I seem to recall the box and packaging from the Typhoon was rather dusty (probably had been sitting in their back warehouse in Renton for quite some time).

Hopefully going forward I can practice better battery practices..

Reactions: rdonson
OK, so I njow realize I need a new custom charger, The EV-peak looks good, but, Amazon has what looks to be that charger but by 5 different names, they all look the same, but vary from $84.00 to $100.00 dollars, anyone know if the internals are different or is it just a name thing ? Gonna buy but want to get the most bang for my buck, The diff is half a set of props

I have the Morpilot DY3. They all look the same to me. When I bought mine there was just the Morpilot and EV-Peak. I looked up the manuals for both and they were identical. It’s easy to believe that they’re all coming from one Chinese factory with a bunch of others putting their logos on them.

Just a name thing... EV-Peak and MorPilot have shown up here most often.

Another question for everyone here.. I have the Venom Power 4-battery charger for the Typhoon batteries. After charging is done can the batteries be left on the charger or should they be removed? What about when I put them in "storage" mode using the charger? I've read the LiPO battery care guide and a couple of others and it seems that, regardless of the charger, you should remove them as soon as their done.

Thanks again everyone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin