Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Beach Anyone?

Reaction score
Anyone been flying their done at the beach? Im just little worried being the unit is not really a weather proof sealed and if you look around the camera/gimble those fine wires get exposed to the salt in the air, worried about corrosion over time. Thoughts?

Anyone been flying their done at the beach? Im just little worried being the unit is not really a weather proof sealed and if you look around the camera/gimble those fine wires get exposed to the salt in the air, worried about corrosion over time. Thoughts?
Not an issue unless you crash into the ocean! If you fly at a beach everyday, after time it might be an issue, but the many times I have done it has caused no issue!;)

You can't seal any machine that needs an enclosed and light protected barometric sensor to work. As DC said not a problem unless it's every day. Higher humidity will also carry more salts and warmer temperatures will lead to higher corrosion rates. If its really bad where you are after some time you could look into an ultrasonic bath cleaning.

I don't blame you for being worried about corrosion. It could happen certainly. Another enemy of these high tech devices is the dust. Specially when flying over dirt roads and such. But I don't worry too much. I just don't want to let those factors keep me from enyoying my drone by flying it over the ocean, etc. just my opinion, fly safe.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval