Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best Batteries

But how much of a voltage loss? Can't be that much, small wires and short distance?

With 2 plugs you have introduced not only a second potential failure point but also another place for voltage loss across the plug.i eliminate plugs whenever possible.
I'm afraid there's lots of potential points for failures, I've not looked at the board to determine that a good solder joint can be achieved, the constant vibration could work harden the joints. It will interesting to see the results.

I prefer the adapter plug. You can put a good glue / adhesive to insure it won't vibrate out.

But how much of a voltage loss? Can't be that much, small wires and short distance?
very little, I think the adapted shells were a good idea, conversions are still in their infancy, I'm sure the best methods will come through and be adopted.

What battery did @PatR mention would suffice and last longer?
He said

I've found quite a few of different capacities that easily fit fully within the well. Thus far the highest capacity found has been a 5500mA 4S pack but I have not even come close to exhausting my research. Perhaps the largest issue with those batteries that fit in the well is that they are usually shorter than a Yuneec battery and will need the addition of a piece of foam at the back of the battery to prevent aft movement. The batteries should be inserted in the battery well with the battery's main power leads facing the back of the aircraft. Those leads will be connected with the adapter plug you made and routed out the bottom of the aircraft.

I don't like the thought of having those wires sticking out.
Not ideal, wonder how successful it was? The best method is enclosing everything within an existing battery shell.

Not ideal, wonder how successful it was?
There is room to run wires under the bottom of the battery bracket, then towards the back, come up on the right side.
Insert the battery backwards clip it there. Less wire sticking out. A hinged door would be a thought as you suggested.
The shorter battery would be ideal for this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluie707bayboy