Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best Batteries

I think he means something like this:

ring pins - Google Search

Something like that could be used but I have concerns with repeatedly inserting and extracting metal pins with a retracting ball stop through a thin plastic shell. The hole hole in the plastic will most certainly become enlarged and distorted over time.

The adapter solutions shown in the video are quite elegant, which is typical of thoughtful engineering. How much you want to spend would influence choosing that solution. They are not necessary but they are certainly nice in appearance and effective.

There is a lot of flexibility in how to adapt standard construction batteries for use in a Typhoon H, H Plus, or 520. The only mandatory requirements are restricting movement, assuring security, and off setting CG imbalance when lighter or heavier batteries shift CG too much fore and aft. How much is too much is a question currently without an answer but I’ll surmise there’s an acceptable latitude.

I noticed especially on eBay the prices of the yuneec batteries are falling. Like PatR stated, the age of the battery affects its life span. The sellers want to get these batteries out of their inventory before it’s too late.

I noticed especially on eBay the prices of the yuneec batteries are falling. Like PatR stated, the age of the battery affects its life span. The sellers want to get these batteries out of their inventory before it’s too late.
Have you got a link, certainly not eBay UK, and most US sellers won't ship.

Eventually we're all going to replace these batteries.
Once again @PatR would you make a video or even a PowerPoint how to modify what you explained earlier.
I'm more visual, that's why I don't like reading "how to things ..........".:rolleyes:
You will be rewarded with a choice of an apple pie, cherry pie or nothing!:p

Reactions: biltno
Something like that could be used but I have concerns with repeatedly inserting and extracting metal pins with a retracting ball stop through a thin plastic shell. The hole hole in the plastic will most certainly become enlarged and distorted over time.

The adapter solutions shown in the video are quite elegant, which is typical of thoughtful engineering. How much you want to spend would influence choosing that solution. They are not necessary but they are certainly nice in appearance and effective.

There is a lot of flexibility in how to adapt standard construction batteries for use in a Typhoon H, H Plus, or 520. The only mandatory requirements are restricting movement, assuring security, and off setting CG imbalance when lighter or heavier batteries shift CG too much fore and aft. How much is too much is a question currently without an answer but I’ll surmise there’s an acceptable latitude.
Once you've made the adapter/ conversion then your sorted for good, I suppose it's worth taking your time and doing a good job.

If I were to open it up I would likely just solder in a connector for the battery I would end up using. I don't like the idea of two connectors between the battery and aircraft.

It would also be cool if someone did some testing to figure out the sweet spot for capacity vs. weight vs. CG. Don't know how much additional weight one of these birds can handle, but it would be nice to know where the point of diminishing returns is. Later.

Dave

Yuneec Typhoon H LiPo Battery for Hexacopter Drone 4s 5400mAh Black YUNTYH105 | eBay

[MOD EDIT] Direct eBay links do not work from this forum... the best solution is to use the insert menu and place the eBay link as HTML code.

HTML:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yuneec-Typhoon-H-LiPo-Battery-for-Hexacopter-Drone-4s-5400mAh-Black-YUNTYH105/382595421360

Last edited by a moderator:
Mrgs1
My fault if link doesn’t work
My pc locked up and attempted to use my phone
I’ll work on it

If I were to open it up I would likely just solder in a connector for the battery I would end up using. I don't like the idea of two connectors between the battery and aircraft.

Now why didn’t I think of that? It would be the best way. For those that fear soldering to the power board or fishing around at the deep end of the well they could still use the adapter plug concept.

AH-1,

Thank you for the option of using still photos. I really, really hate making videos and that attitude has prevented a great many “how to” instructions from bring created.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaedrus
Now why didn’t I think of that? It would be the best way. For those that fear soldering to the power board they could still use the adapter plug concept.

AH-1,

Thank you for the option of using still photos. I really, really hate making videos and that attitude has prevented a great many “how to” instructions from bring created.
So are you??????:D:p:cool::)

I'll sweeten the pie, (intentional pun) if you do.
Is there a Cheese Factory in your town or area?

Yuneec Typhoon H LiPo Battery for Hexacopter Drone 4s 5400mAh Black YUNTYH105 | eBay

HTML:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yuneec-Typhoon-H-LiPo-Battery-for-Hexacopter-Drone-4s-5400mAh-Black-YUNTYH105/382595421360

That listing states that the batteries are in USED condition... be afraid... be very afraid.

Reactions: PatR
My apology I was in a hurry and posted wrong link and pc crashed. Sorry guys

Solder joint can fail just as much as a plug, you might be able to adapt a secondary catch for a plug. Solder ain't what is was since they took out much of tin etc, well here in UK they have, solder with lead was good for plumbing. The joints aren't as strong as they were years ago.

With 2 plugs you have introduced not only a second potential failure point but also another place for voltage loss across the plug.i eliminate plugs whenever possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluie707bayboy