Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best Range extender for my Typhoon Hex

It's there your not looking, an area where there are no roads you walk a few miles to fly your copter, surely I'm not the only one who walks miles to be in nature and avoid human interaction when flying?
Yep. I live on the slopes of the pennines and so I don't have to travel far before I'm in the middle of nowhere. The pennine way passes within two miles of where I live so after just a few minutes drive and then a ten minute walk I can easily reach a place where there are absolutely no people, buildings or roads within sight. (stunning scenery too)

I'm not doubting that may occur just not experienced that yet, but I suspect the 4hawks concentrates the signal, obviously pointing at the copter. I'm not being adventurous enough!
I live in a very hilly area (see above post) so I often find myself flying below my level so I do have some experience of this. In such circumstances I tend lot to fly out so far and as soon as my video starts to get choppy I bring her in closer to me while also ensuring that there is nothing that can get in the way if RTH is triggered.

I live in a very hilly area (see above post) so I often find myself flying below my level so I do have some experience of this. In such circumstances I tend lot to fly out so far and as soon as my video starts to get choppy I bring her in closer to me while also ensuring that there is nothing that can get in the way if RTH is triggered.
Only the Cotswolds for me very hilly and wooded, not as remote, I fly in Brecon beacons too, that can be quite remote in places.

There is also a thing called a "Fresnel Zone" with your signal transmission. The zone includes the LOS between the Transmitter and Receiver, as well as a bubble around. The bubble starts out small and gets fatter until halfway, then narrows down again. If you lose part of the Zone. top or, most of the time, bottom, your signal strength is reduced. this leads to a shorter range and weaker, less reliable signal. While used mainly for commercial/industrial transmission calculations, the theory holds true with our equipment as well. Buildings, trees... can affect the Fresnel Zone

Reactions: rdonson
Sorry, the old Telecom Technician in me came out. But, the theory is valid in relation to how far we can reliably fly our birds. Reflections from within the zone can also amplify, or degrade the signal. All for tonight, off to bed.

Happy flying to all!

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece