Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best tutorial for POI on Youtube so far

Reaction score
Hi, many of you might have seen this. But those of you that haven't, here it is! Its definetley the best so far. Solved a lot of ???? for me! Tried it today. Perfect for newbies.

Last edited:
Reactions: yerrickl
Photo.. I saw that video and I agree it is one of the best but still needs some clarifications.
When it says ( @2:10) to "Nudge" the control to the Right do you hold the stick at that position or just nudge it and then let go ?
Also when you push "Start" do you then adjust the camera angle of does the Typhoon H adjust the camera to always keep the center point in the center.
Haven't tried any of the task modes just yet, the weather just got better for flying but trhe heat is just to much for me know, oh... and that Work Thing !

I know he is very busy, but I still would like Captain Drone to do a video on the POI subject as his are still the best IMO ! ( Hunt Hint ! )

Reactions: NNK
Photo.. I saw that video and I agree it is one of the best but still needs some clarifications.
When it says ( @2:10) to "Nudge" the control to the Right do you hold the stick at that position or just nudge it and then let go ?
Also when you push "Start" do you then adjust the camera angle of does the Typhoon H adjust the camera to always keep the center point in the center.
Haven't tried any of the task modes just yet, the weather just got better for flying but trhe heat is just to much for me know, oh... and that Work Thing !

I know he is very busy, but I still would like Captain Drone to do a video on the POI subject as his are still the best IMO ! ( Hunt Hint ! )
Hi Atomic,as I tried it today:
1. Just "touch/nudge" the right stick to the right and it will start and circle! Pure magic.
2. Fly over as told in the video and point the cam straight down to the subject, Then you can fine tune it if you have to.

Reactions: Chris McMillan
POI is about the only task mode I use, but I do use it fairly regularly...indeed, I used it today.

Dead simple to use: Just fly directly over the point of interest using the camera looking directly down. Press centre - fly out to the desired distance from the POI - raise the camera to the desired angle - press ok and then slide the slidy thing to the right - then nudge the right stick left or right to make the aircraft go left or right. While the aircraft is doing it's thing continue adjustments to the camera up or down as desired and gain or lose altitude as desired.

A word of caution: Make sure that there are no obstacles in the circular flight path.

POI is about the only task mode I use, but I do use it fairly regularly...indeed, I used it today.

Dead simple to use: Just fly directly over the point of interest using the camera looking directly down. Press centre - fly out to the desired distance from the POI - raise the camera to the desired angle - press ok and then slide the slidy thing to the right - then nudge the right stick left or right to make the aircraft go left or right. While the aircraft is doing it's thing continue adjustments to the camera up or down as desired and gain or lose altitude as desired.

A word of caution: Make sure that there are no obstacles in the circular flight path.
FlashVision: Sure, everything is "Dead simple" when you know how to do it, but still the video is very useful and visualise step by step how to. fly POI

FlashVision: Sure, everything is "Dead simple" when you know how to do it, but still the video is very useful and visualise step by step how to. fly POI
Oh, yes. I agree. A good video and one of the better ones that I've seen.

Oh, yes. I agree. A good video and one of the better ones that I've seen.
so I have a problem with poi that isn't shown in the video. when you hit the center button a box shows up in the upper left "setting center point" but it never indicates that it's set. Poi works half the time with it not actually setting the center point anyone else have this problem? I'm running the latest firmware.

so I have a problem with poi that isn't shown in the video. when you hit the center button a box shows up in the upper left "setting center point" but it never indicates that it's set. Poi works half the time with it not actually setting the center point anyone else have this problem? I'm running the latest firmware.
Hi, Bluefin! There is no confirmation message.l I don't know if its important that the cam points straight down? Are you sure you hit the "Center" buttom firmly enough?

Last edited:
Yes I'm pretty sure I'm hitting it hard enough and like I said sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Do you get a box in the upper left corner of the screen when you hit center that says setting center point? I'll get a screenshot next time I go out.

Hi, Bluefin! There is no confirmation message.l I don't know if its important that the cam points straight down? Are you sure you hit the "Center" buttom firmly enough?
Hi Photo.
There is no 'requirement' for the camera to point straight down. You just point the camera down so that you know you are directly over the point of interest so that when you 'centre' you know you are centred at the point of interest.

Hi Photo.
There is no 'requirement' for the camera to point straight down. You just point the camera down so that you know you are directly over the point of interest so that when you 'centre' you know you are centred at the point of interest.
Hi FlushVision, you are right it was just a thought...about the problem BlueFin has.

I am getting a series of green lights on the "Start" button after nudge. Then it just times out. I am doing a very large radius. Is there a distance limit? Maybe my nudge is wrong? I might have leaned on the stick pretty hard in frustration.

I am getting a series of green lights on the "Start" button after nudge. Then it just times out. I am doing a very large radius. Is there a distance limit? Maybe my nudge is wrong? I might have leaned on the stick pretty hard in frustration.
If I'm dead honest, I'm not aware that there is a distance limit...I don't think so. I use POI fairly regularly and have flown some pretty large radius' (the largest to date was over an ancient fort in Scotland) and haven't encountered any limit so far.
Maybe someone else can say better for sure?

I tried again yesterday. I pulled out to a distance of 90m and got the start button with the lights again. I started to pull closer to the POI center and it finally turned to a play button. I nudged and off it went. Now at this point I need to see if the connection is lost as I pull back. I was able to pull way out on "orbit me" mode so I am hopeful. These jobs (California Bay Area) are very windy and I have switched to the T.H. for it's claim of stability in high winds. I lost a Phantom 4 last week after their latest firmware update. It just dropped from the sky. That, and the constant rules and intrusion into my business, have me wanting a different solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy