Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Best way to charge ST16 battery externally

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to charge the ST16 battery externally? I know I am going to need to buy an EC2 connector but I have no idea what other things I will need. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best way to charge the ST16 battery externally? I know I am going to need to buy an EC2 connector but I have no idea what other things I will need. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I thought about doing the same. You would need to make a Y connector and use a EC2 to banana adapter to connect to the charger. The cut a slot in the battery cover to extend it out.

https://www.amazon.com/EC2-Extensio...pID=31P1Z33FgeL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

https://www.amazon.com/Jrelecs-Conn...521914469&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=ec2+extension

I've taken the battery out to charge it. From 50% to full charge in about 40 min. The downside to that method is loosing the time and date everytime you disconnect the battery.

Reactions: andrew_gotshall

All you need is to get the connector and make a charge lead for your specific charger (typically banana plugs). The ST16 Battery is a 1S Lithium Ion battery so you don't have to fiddle with balance charging like with LiPo batteries. I use a Hitec X2 AC charger as shown here.

Charge16.jpg

Reactions: andrew_gotshall
All you need is to get the connector and make a charge lead for your specific charger (typically banana plugs). The ST16 Battery is a 1S Lithium Ion battery so you don't have to fiddle with balance charging like with LiPo batteries. I use a Hitec X2 AC charger as shown here.

View attachment 9045

Ty what amperage are you charging? I’ve been going with the full 8500 as a single cell LiOn battery with good results on my HiTec2

Reactions: studio144
I've taken the battery out to charge it. From 50% to full charge in about 40 min. The downside to that method is loosing the time and date everytime you disconnect the battery.
I have two fully charged back-up batts. :) One of them parallell connected when necessary.

Every time you create a new folder or file on a computer the computer assigns a date created to the folder properties. If for some odd reason your computer does not it’s a simple act to add a date to a folder name. If you used multiple cards for a day you might number or name the cards and transfer that name to a folder so dedicated.

So when you transfer files from a card the computer notes the date the transfer occurred. If you place images in an old folder you defeat the new date naming convention as you end up with a date modified instead of created by adding to a pre existing folder.

The process will not assign times taken for images but that is usually a non issue to begin with as you know when you started and finished and files are sequentially numbered.
Is this in the right thread? I thought we were talking different ways to charge?

I just ran into the same situation.
I need to charge from my
Duo t240 charger.
Keith Kuhn
I have the same charger, took me forever to find what the USB ports on the side were for, apparently for firmware updates. So I assume they are for data only? Or would they have power, too? But I was thinking I could modify one to be a charging port (probably void any warranty) if it isn't already, so I don't have to drag out the OEM charger.

I have the same charger, took me forever to find what the USB ports on the side were for, apparently for firmware updates. So I assume they are for data only? Or would they have power, too? But I was thinking I could modify one to be a charging port (probably void any warranty) if it isn't already, so I don't have to drag out the OEM charger.
After a days flying it can be charged back up full, there's no storage voltage needed, you could just usb charge, there's no rush as long as it charges.

I found the correct adapter
On eBay. I can't think of
the proper name. But
It has 2 bullet connectors
and the other connector
that goes to the St16
Battery.

I found the correct adapter
On eBay. I can't think of
the proper name. But
It has 2 bullet connectors
and the other connector
that goes to the St16
Battery.
Bullet or banana? There were links to the correct one on Amazon etc.

Bullet or banana? There were links to the correct one on Amazon etc.

Bullet - - - long and slender.
I received it today.
But I have run into a
Problem. The Battery
is 3. 6 V
The charger will not go down to that level.
It goes to 3.8
So I get an Error message
Stating - - voltage too
High.
The cable connects fine.
Hmmm
Back to the stock charger
For the ST 16 Battery.
Suggestions from
Anyone please on the
Duo t240 charger

You need to set it for Li Ion not LiPo. Full charge is 4.2V just like with LiPo cells. You can safely charge at 2.9A.

You need to set it for Li Ion not LiPo. Full charge is 4.2V just like with LiPo cells. You can safely charge at 2.9A.

I did set it for
Lithium Ion
I don't know why I am getting the Error Message
I will play more tomorrow
with it.
Thanks Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member