Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BHPhotovideo.com selling Typhoon H batter for $83.99 Preorder

I can see both sides of the argument with some exceptions. I know everyone loves a good deal and I don't blame any of you as the consumer for jumping on it. I can also see Capt. point of view as a small business owner playing by the book while others are seemingly undercutting him either due to special bulk pricing or shady business practices (ignoring MAP). I grew up poor as well and am by no means wealthy even now BUT we're also talking about batteries for our brand new not even 2 week old $1300 toy so you guys can't be too bad off. At this point like I said I don't blame those who jumped on the deal but I think Capt. should definitely raise this concern with his point person at Yuneec. If someone isn't playing by the rules they don't deserve to be in the game.
Agree, and will support, if B&B or even other dealers that are selling the undercut priced accessories are proven to be in error. Have not seen any proof of that! What if! Yuneec lowered the introductory price and other dealers are not aware. Please then show me some facts and I will be the first to support Captain. To tell you the truth I never heard of Map in all my life, because I just buy the best deals I can find!

I really appreciate the guys like Capt. that help us all out, and I certainly hope he doesn't take this the wrong way.

Capt. gave us great deals on the H and he got a lot of business off of it. He too circumvented the MAP by offering us prices below MAP, which isn't exactly fair or playing by the rules for the other vendors. I am not complaining, and I am certainly thankful for him helping us out.

For comparison's sake, I canceled my pre-order with another vendor because Capt. was quite a bit cheaper. He didn't ask me to do that, I chose to do that as a consumer looking for the best price for my family and I.

There is a little bit of irony in this, isn't there? Maybe I am missing something here?

[QUOTE="Dabeechman, post: 13542, member: 1153"
Capt. gave us great deals on the H and he got a lot of business off of it. He too circumvented the MAP by offering us prices below MAP, which isn't exactly fair or playing by the rules for the other vendors. I am not complaining, and I am certainly thankful for him helping us out.

For comparison's sake, I canceled my pre-order with another vendor because Capt. was quite a bit cheaper. He didn't ask me to do that, I chose to do that as a consumer looking for the best price for my family and I.
[/QUOTE]

What kind of deals did you guys get?Just curious. If I got a better deal on the same package that I pre-ordered on Amazon I would cancel my Amazon order and jump on it. :)

Amazon pushed up my order until a week from now, originally they said I would get it by this weekend even sent me an email saying I would get it a day earlier. Then an email pushing it up a week. Grr. :)

EDIT: Now I just got a tracking # from Amazon, it should arrive tomorrow. Weird.

I also like to support small businesses but I admit, I jump on deals easily. Guess that is human nature.

Last edited:
What kind of deals did you guys get?Just curious. If I got a better deal on the same package that I pre-ordered on Amazon I would cancel my Amazon order and jump on it. :)

Amazon pushed up my order until a week from now, originally they said I would get it by this weekend even sent me an email saying I would get it a day earlier. Then an email pushing it up a week.
Go to Dronemountain.com and sign up for free 1 week membership. You will then be given discount codes to purchase various UAVs.

I really appreciate the guys like Capt. that help us all out, and I certainly hope he doesn't take this the wrong way.

There is a little bit of irony in this, isn't there? Maybe I am missing something here?

Capt. didn't circumvent MAP, he advertises the correct price on his site of $1299. What you're referring to is completely different, he's chosen to establish a membership discount program, in order to promote loyalty I'm assuming, that does indeed offer varying % discounts on products from the site but if you had previously used up the free 7 day trial and still wanted to buy from him without signing up for the paid membership you could do so at MAP pricing. These other retailers don't even advertise the MAP, they flat out underprice below it and THAT is where the argument lies.

Agree, and will support, if B&B or even other dealers that are selling the undercut priced accessories are proven to be in error. Have not seen any proof of that! What if! Yuneec lowered the introductory price and other dealers are not aware. Please then show me some facts and I will be the first to support Captain. To tell you the truth I never heard of Map in all my life, because I just buy the best deals I can find!

There are arguments for and against MAP. I work for a Automobile Manufacturer in franchise development, and we use MAP not only for brand protection, but consumer protection. We set our MAP at our invoice pricing in order to prevent a Auto Dealer from listing our $30,000 vehicle for $15,999 (which is accompanied by little tiny print that asks for $10,000 cash or trade down and you have to qualify for every program under the sun). BUT we don't prevent any retailer from selling at whatever price they want to sell at. If they want to lose $5,000 selling a car, so be it.

In the consumer electronics industry, I find MAP can be as much a detriment as it is an asset. Electronics often do not always go straight from the manufacturer to the end retailer, but instead go from the manufacturer to distributor to retailer. This opens up to a distributor to sell unsold inventory at a loss to gray market retailers not authorized by the manufacturer. They then undercut the authorized retailers who follow MAP and put them at a disadvantage..

That brings us to this case, I feel sorry for Captain, but highly doubt Yuneec will do much. B&H is a FAR bigger fish in the ocean and have no doubt been upset at Yuneec over the presale situation they are in the middle of. They can drop Yuneec and it would have zero effect on their bottom line, but certainly be a negative in the long run for Yuneec.

That's a good price on battery Ordered 2 batterys

Hmm Did B&H just raise the price to $139

adorama still has them cheap

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
That's a good price on battery Ordered 2 batterys

Hmm Did B&H just raise the price to $139

They are now listed at $140. That is why I jumped on it, I was thinking that was a mistake or at least was going to be limited.
Adorama does still have them for $84 as you mentioned so no real issue for others, at least not now. Honestly batteries should not cost over $100 anyway but maybe that is just me. ;)

Adorama has propellers really cheap. Set of 3 for $12. I seen those for $20 elsewhere. I may order a set of A and B just to do. I hope to never have to use the 4 extra that ship with it. :)

Do those wear out after awhile in general? Sorry I am new to this type of copter. I only had an original parrot before.

B&H put the price up so I ordered via ADORAMA. Ordered extra props as well since they break (shatter) so easily.

The ones on my Q500 4K would break so easily it was obnoxious. I'm hoping the H's will be sturdier in the long run. I wonder if anyone has released CF props for the H yet. Would look REAL nice with the CF arms and landing gear.

The ones on my Q500 4K would break so easily it was obnoxious. I'm hoping the H's will be sturdier in the long run. I wonder if anyone has released CF props for the H yet. Would look REAL nice with the CF arms and landing gear.
I have not seen any. Hopefully by mid to end summer we begin seeing 3rd party props, backpacks, accessories, etc. Gives us a bit more choice and variety.

Got my order in earlier for 3 batteries from B&H at the low price. Also a case and spare props. Thanks for the tip.

Just ordered 3 from Andorama and still don't have my H and don't know when I will. I thought I would have it first and I still don't. Hope that price on the bats stay. That's weird.

Just ordered 3 from Andorama and still don't have my H and don't know when I will. I thought I would have it first and I still don't. Hope that price on the bats stay. That's weird.
I was told by a smaller hobby shop in New York area that a small # of US companies placed a massive battery order due to the demand for the Typhoon H. The prices you are seeing will go up, so get in while you can.

Batteries may be hitting their suggested dealer shelf life and the delayed H shipping prompted the price drop?

I was told by a smaller hobby shop in New York area that a small # of US companies placed a massive battery order due to the demand for the Typhoon H. The prices you are seeing will go up, so get in while you can.
The batteries? Ordered.

I am supposed to get a free H from Yuneec as part of a cross promotion that I delivered last year and I was told I would get one on the first roll out. I haven't yet, and I'm not as upset as I would be if it weren't for all the issues (which are expected), but I thought I would have first review and all. They better come clean soon. Also, at the time, I didn't realize RealSense was modular and now I hope I get not only that but The Wizard.

Excited either way!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop