Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

BHPhotovideo.com selling Typhoon H batter for $83.99 Preorder

It's a great deal but it's way below MAP. They can't advertise below $109. All of us follow the rules and advertise according to the manufacturers requirements. B&H has to do so too, or they stand the chance of losing their Yuneec dealership. Buying from them at this price might be great, right now, but it's hurting all the little guys who have worked so hard to get you your H's.

Got one more, now up to 4. Everything I need except backpack (and second ST16, but I'm not getting that yet.)

Reactions: Moldy_Noldy
It's a great deal but it's way below MAP. They can't advertise below $109. All of us follow the rules and advertise according to the manufacturers requirements. B&H has to do so too, or they stand the chance of losing their Yuneec dealership. Buying from them at this price might be great, right now, but it's hurting all the little guys who have worked so hard to get you your H's.
Then little guys , lower your prices too! Is BH giving them away? Doubt it. Tired of dealers wanting double the money they pay! This is the USA I spent two tours in Nam for! Freedom of business. freedom of choice to buy!;)

Then little guys , lower your prices too! Is BH giving them away? Doubt it. Tired of dealers wanting double the money they pay! This is the USA I spent two tours in Nam for! Freedom of business. freedom of choice to buy!;)
We play by the rules. We don't double ANYTHING! B&H is selling $3 below MY COST. I served my country, too.

We play by the rules. We don't double ANYTHING! B&H is selling $3 below MY COST. I served my country, too.
Glad to know your facts and I respect your services to our Beloved Country! I just believe in fair trade and fair sells, not that your price is wrong, or right. I don't believe in MAP , I believe in best prices for all, and the choice to buy at the best price possible. And when the opportunity arises for a deal, I grab it! It' called the American Way ! How can they pay three dollars below your cost? do they have a special "deal" with Yuneec? or they buy 5000 and you buy 50? No one is stopping dealers from buying in large lots! Is it money dealers don't have? That is not the consumers fault!

Glad to know your facts and I respect your services to our Beloved Country! I just believe in fair trade and fair sells, not that your price is wrong, or right. I don't believe in MAP , I believe in best prices for all, and the choice to buy at the best price possible. And when the opportunity arises for a deal, I grab it! It' called the American Way ! How can they pay three dollars below your cost? do they have a special "deal" with Yuneec? or they buy 5000 and you buy 50? No one is stopping dealers from buying in large lots! Is it money dealers don't have? That is not the consumers fault!

CORRECTED - They may get a better deals from MANF. and we here to find a best deal we can get !!!

It's a rule that all dealers have to stick to. Plain and simple. I've bought many, many thousands of dollars worth of gear from B&H over the years, but I'll have to revisit that now. In the military we had rules and we followed them for the good of everyone. This is no different. The manufacturer desires his product to be sold at a certain price point, that's why he establishes a MAP policy. We make very little per sale, and when someone comes along and does this, it really hurts. I'm partially disabled from a service-related injury and that injury is really catching up to me. I'm trying to build a business that not only helps me, but one that helps the consumer, too. That's why I formed a member discount store. I've done everything possible to help the customer to save money and get a great product, with great customer service to back it all up.

Although I hate MAP prices as well, in Captain Crunch's defense (not that he needs defending), I'm not aware of any BH personnel coming on the forum to interact and share information with forum members.

That kind of "Feel good" customer service sometimes comes at a premium. That said, a bargain is a bargain, and $84 w/free shipping is hard to pass up :oops:

Captain, I have agreed with you on all your wise and informative posts on here. And I respect you as a valued member in life and on hear always!. And if given a same price offer, would give you my business on a drop of the hat, and will continue to do so! Whenever possible!.
But if your were looking for a Corvette, and one dealer offered sales of same model and accessories for $78,000 and another for $ 74,000, I am sure your would think of your financial state and wallet and if a wise buy choose the best priced one, That is all I am stating in my belief of freedom of choice, and if Map restricts one business from growing even larger and being able to buy more and offer better prices, then restrictions on them are wrong. We would not be this USA if all sellers hands were tied. I just don't agree with it, but I do respect you!

I had my own Hobby shop for 8 yrs and I feel the pain for the Hobby Shops. A good example is Horizon Hobby who I bought hundred of thousand of dollars of merchandise over the years, here they are a distributor so yes they buy at cheaper prices than what we can and then the hobby shop in turn is buying and competing with there own supplier. I assume this is prob the case with B&H as well. I could go on and on but will do no good .The sad part is this will put a doom to the mom and pop shops .....As it did with myself. They say you want to make a small fortune, start with a large fortune and open a hobby shop ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt. Crunch

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval