Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Blinking green light on my GCO3 4K Camera Kit,

Sorry to say but this looks like a IMU that runs out of control. We have all the typical symptoms:
- Drone remains in "Aquiring" state.
- It did not arm also if GPS was disabled.
- Altitude remains at around -3m and did not initialize to ~zero.
- Yaw is instable/rotating

Typical_effect.png

There is little chance to overcome the situation with firmware fallback but in most of the cases the flight controller board must be replaced. See attachment: How to reset and reflash FC.pdf

The problem was analyzed here: GPS_acquiring.pdf

br HE

Attachments

• GPS_acquiring.pdf
    848.4 KB · Views: 11
  • How to reset and reflash FC.pdf
    57.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I had a look at the flightlog and concur with the conclusions of @h-elsner . All logs show the same symptoms, but the ST16 controller must have been reset as there are no older logs from when the system was working.

@h-elsner you have done some great troubleshooting on the GPS Acquiring problem. It is unfortunate that a suitable IMU replacement has not been found yet.

Sorry to say but this looks like a IMU that runs out of control. We have all the typical symptoms:

View attachment 25334

There is little chance to overcome the situation with firmware fallback but in most of the cases the flight controller board must be replaced. See attachment: How to reset and reflash FC.pdf

br HE
I appreciate you helping me out. I will give it a try and let you know what the outcome is. thank you very much

You will need a replacement Flight Controller. You can look on eBay or order from Yuneecskins.com.

View attachment 25334

br HE
Is there any other place I can go to an download the old flight control firmware. I keep getting an error on Yuneec website.

You can download the file you need to reflash the firmware by clicking on this link:

You will need to use the GUI to flash the Flight Controller.
Confirm that the GUI connects to the H before proceeding:
Open the GUI then turn on the H and connect the USB charging cable from the bottom of the H's micro USB slot and to the computer USB slot.
The H should connect. Click on Sensory Information and all of the parameters should be populated.
If it connects properly, then shut off the H, remove the battery and unplug the USB cable from the computer.
Then follow the steps in the attached instructions.

Attachments

• Recovery for the H.txt
    841 bytes · Views: 8
To reset/reflash the flight controller you have to extract the Flight controller firmware (Autopilot) from the drone firmware. This is possible for all old and new firmware version except the version 1.28 which was withdrawn and is only used to reset the flight controller board.

I have made a tool to extract firmware parts from the firmware files. Autopilot V1.28 is attached.

A Typhoon H firmware archive is here:
4.11 GB folder on MEGA

br HE

To reset/reflash the flight controller you have to extract the Flight controller firmware (Autopilot) from the drone firmware. This is possible for all old and new firmware version except the version 1.28 which was withdrawn and is only used to reset the flight controller board.

I have made a tool to extract firmware parts from the firmware files. Autopilot V1.28 is attached.

A Typhoon H firmware archive is here:
4.11 GB folder on MEGA

br HE
I have reset the flight control board. once it was done I connected it to the GUI and everything checked good. the only problem I'm having is trying to upload the new firmware. I keep getting an error on the Yuneec site. is there any other place I can download it from?

I appreciate you helping me out. I will give it a try and let you know what the outcome is. thank you very much
hello my friend, I believe I will have to replace my flight control board. everything looks good except my Accelerometer,Gyroscope and orientation. those three are out of control

having trouble updating my st16 controller. my H has the updated firmware but for some reason i keep getting a network error when updating the controller. is there anyway i can use my computer to transfer the update instead of the sd card

Why do you want to update the ST16? There was no update since 2017. Are you sure you have an older Firmware?

However, the easiest way is to update via SD card in the ST16 card slot. One trap is that poor HTTP Browser like those from Microsoft will change the file extension from .yuneec to something else.

- Format an empty SD card with FAT32.
- Copy the file "ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec" to it. Make sure that the file name on the SD card is exactly the one above.
- Put the SD card to the SD card slot of the ST16.
- Go to System settings > About controller > Update ST16 > OK
- Then wait, it will boot twice.
- All settings may be lost. Set all settings as you like.
- Create a new model and bind drone and camera to it.

Tis should work. On wich step do you get an error message?

br HE

Reactions: WTFDproject
Why do you want to update the ST16? There was no update since 2017. Are you sure you have an older Firmware?

However, the easiest way is to update via SD card in the ST16 card slot. One trap is that poor HTTP Browser like those from Microsoft will change the file extension from .yuneec to something else.

- Format an empty SD card with FAT32.
- Copy the file "ST16_V3.1.30.yuneec" to it. Make sure that the file name on the SD card is exactly the one above.
- Put the SD card to the SD card slot of the ST16.
- Go to System settings > About controller > Update ST16 > OK
- Then wait, it will boot twice.
- All settings may be lost. Set all settings as you like.
- Create a new model and bind drone and camera to it.

Tis should work. On wich step do you get an error message?

br HE
this is what i have on my st16 now. for some reason when i try and raise my landing gear up on one leg going up. i thought the new firmware that i installed wasn't compatible with the st16 controller. that's why i thougth i needed to update

Attachments

• 20210426_181605.jpg
    11.2 MB · Views: 9
This a HW problem. Power on and flip th drone on his back. Then you can raise and lift the legs a multiple time until servo motors come back to work. Listen to the sound if all sounds smooth.
Sometimes, due to hard landing the driving shaft in the gear servo is bent. You can hear that. Then it's better to get a new servo to make sure you can land without problems.

Or you can try to repair the servo as I did.

br HE

Attachments

• LG_shaft_repair.pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: DoomMeister
This a HW problem. Power on and flip th drone on his back. Then you can raise and lift the legs a multiple time until servo motors come back to work. Listen to the sound if all sounds smooth.
Sometimes, due to hard landing the driving shaft in the gear servo is bent. You can hear that. Then it's better to get a new servo to make sure you can land without problems.

Or you can try to repair the servo as I did.

br HE
thank you. i will give it a try

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval