Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Boosted Yuneec H

But shouldn't you boost the transmitter? Just asking.
the transmitter isnt the issue its the board on the H...... but in any case i do plan on boosting the st16 with another booster. waiting for it to get here. its going to be difficult to install the booster inside the st16, but its possible

What about the VLOS situation.
In several countries it is not allowed to boost the TX/RX and also you need to keep your bird in VLOS always (stated by the LAW)

Marnix

What about the VLOS situation.
In several countries it is not allowed to boost the TX/RX and also you need to keep your bird in VLOS always (stated by the LAW)

Marnix

They might be laws in your home country but the FAA has only guild lines to follow. And now if you belong to the AMA in the States the 400 foot limit has been lifted by the FAA. Maybe he wants to fly to the moon.
Academy of Model Aeronautics - Government Relations

One little problem with the article is that nowhere does the FAA state that one must be an AMA member to take advantage of the rule exceptions, only that one adheres to the safety standards of a CBO. The AMA has not been specifically named as the governing CBO, although it would bode well if using AMA operational guidelines for our flying. You can do that for free and not pay the AMA $75.00/year.

From the linked article:

"There has been confusion among our members as to whether operations above 400 feet are permitted by the FAA. AMA has remained steadfast that the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (Section 336 of the 2012 FAA Modernization and Reform Act) permits operations above 400 feet if conducted within our safety program requiring the pilot to be an AMA member, to avoid and not interfere with manned aircraft, and to keep the model in visual line of sight of the pilot/observer. It should be noted that the AMA Safety Code requires model aircraft to remain below 400 feet above the ground when within 3 miles of an airport unless there is an agreement with the airport that allows models to safely go higher."

we have gotten offtopic only reason i boosted the Bird is to get my advertised range of 1 mile which Yuneec said the H can do. Ive tried everywhere a clear RF zone etc etc. before the firmware update i had great range now the most i can get is 3,000 max range. Yuneec must fix this or dare i say Class action lawsuit

Ah I have to inject here, forget any FCC/FAA/etc issues, I am looking at the installation. 1st thing i notice is GPS interference issues with placement. 2nd heating issues from a 2watt unit sitting in and enclosed area like that. Have you actually test flown this and if so I would just do some hovering for a time before venturing anywhere. I would check heating before and after unit turned on with meter. Then I would see how its going to interfere with the GPS Compass. I have to say I do not like placement for that. Not to cut your excellent work down but ................great idea just not placement

Cheers

Batfire

I know I will most like get pounded on this post..........

Ah I have to inject here, forget any FCC/FAA/etc issues, I am looking at the installation. 1st thing i notice is GPS interference issues with placement. 2nd heating issues from a 2watt unit sitting in and enclosed area like that. Have you actually test flown this and if so I would just do some hovering for a time before venturing anywhere. I would check heating before and after unit turned on with meter. Then I would see how its going to interfere with the GPS Compass. I have to say I do not like placement for that. Not to cut your excellent work down but ................great idea just not placement

Cheers

Batfire

I know I will most like get pounded on this post..........
LOL dont worry about after several flights there is no GPS or Compass issues also there is no heating issue

Did you consider moving the antennas to outside instead of adding a booster? And I guess you only boosted one of the channels to the diversity antenna system? There are two antenna connections internally correct?

So how far did it actually increase your distance? I noticed you cut the video before you crossed that busy hi-way but did you make it that far or further?

Did you consider moving the antennas to outside instead of adding a booster? And I guess you only boosted one of the channels to the diversity antenna system? There are two antenna connections internally correct?

Have you not seen all his mod videos of camera lens, external antennas? If not you should check them out on youtube.

Have you not seen all his mod videos of camera lens, external antennas? If not you should check them out on youtube.

Oh..... I HAVE seen them. Just wondering why it was chosen to upgrade with an amp instead of just moving the internal antennas to the outside of the craft. Amps generate noise, which can create further problems with RF --- I would first move the antennas externally before I add an amp...And I would still have concerns with GPS interference and heat with the internally mounted amp...As well as decreased battery life. While this is a 2w rated amp...There probably isn't enough drive from the H to reach the full 2 watts. This amp is not just boosting the RX like another user has posted here...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval