Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Boot-Up Time and Locking Settings on Camera?

I've had similar experiences. I believe that the WB and maybe the Exposure settings go back to AUTO when you switch between Video and Camera modes in flight. Most disconcerting. I will pay more attention to that on next flight.
Well, the test was easy to do on the ground.
When switching from Video to Camera mode or vice versa (using screen icon), white balance goes back to Auto but exposure remains at the previous M (manual) setting. If the system can remember one, why can't it remember the other?

Well, the test was easy to do on the ground.
When switching from Video to Camera mode or vice versa (using screen icon), white balance goes back to Auto but exposure remains at the previous M (manual) setting. If the system can remember one, why can't it remember the other?
Here's a little more detail about this:

The white balance only gets lost if it had been Locked. Selecting one of the preset WB modes will stay in effect when switching between Video and Camera modes.

Also, increasing or decreasing the exposure +/- EV in Auto will survive the Video/Camera switch. But this may need to be adjusted anyway after the switch.

So, the only camera setting that gets lost when switching between Video and Camera is the Locked white balance. Bummer, because I Lock WB to a white or gray standard for every flight.

Here's a little more detail about this:

The white balance only gets lost if it had been Locked. Selecting one of the preset WB modes will stay in effect when switching between Video and Camera modes.

Also, increasing or decreasing the exposure +/- EV in Auto will survive the Video/Camera switch. But this may need to be adjusted anyway after the switch.

So, the only camera setting that gets lost when switching between Video and Camera is the Locked white balance. Bummer, because I Lock WB to a white or gray standard for every flight.
That is yet another reason why I will wait to see how well the 520 works before jumping to buy. I also hope they've redesigned or are now using higher quality fans to cool the newer ST16 model...mine are forever chattering as grit and dust can easily enter and not so easily exit. I will be anxious to see if they've also improved their documentation which was horrendous on the H....

The SDK will allow for different camera controls. Data Pilot seems to be very much a mapping/surveying tool, so it's possible we could develop a 'Camera operators' flight app that gives you different controls over the camera functions. I'm waiting on more information on the E90 to see what's possible. Technically it looks excellent, but we've not seen it being put through its paces yet.

Reactions: zandoli
The SDK will allow for different camera controls. Data Pilot seems to be very much a mapping/surveying tool, so it's possible we could develop a 'Camera operators' flight app that gives you different controls over the camera functions. I'm waiting on more information on the E90 to see what's possible. Technically it looks excellent, but we've not seen it being put through its paces yet.
I agree the sleepy industrial samples don't do much for me...

If anyone has read the EULA relating to SDK App development they might have caught the ITAR clause near the end of it. That is likely to generate more than a little consternation for U.S. App designers. What might be created here using public domain code features might not be exportable if articles from multiple public domain codes are employed. There's a clause in ITAR regs that essentially state that when multiple public domain articles are combined to create a new function they can become export regulated as new UAV technologies governed by ITAR. People unfamiliar with ITAR are going to have become educated quickly. This will not be easy since it's controlled by three different government agencies; Treasury, State, and Commerce. Everything UAV originating in the U.S. falls under ITAR export controls.

Mickey,

I agree, there is much more to be shared about the E90 camera before purchase is justified. The pablum and hype published thus far provides little in the way of establishing superiority over existing camera/lens products, and camera control features have been in need of a lot of improvement for some time. The only cameras I own that will not always be at the last setting used when I use them again are CGO types.

Numbers don't tell what the actual pictures and video will, and imagery reduced or compressed for publication in this forum are fairly useless in providing accurate image depictions. You can't post a full size or PNG image. As it stands I could place an order right now but until more info is published that can be used for accurate comparison purposes I just can't do it. Then there's the flight planning and mapping functions, which is available for anything that uses Pixhawk. It's hard to justify spending $4k+ and $200/battery for something that for the moment might only be superior over the H in these areas. You can build a pretty nice system that will carry a full frame, 50mpxl camera with a prime lens and have all the same features while being able to swap out superior payloads at whim. Costs more, except where batteries are concerned, but you can have a heck of a lot more in deliverables. If you haven't ever seen what can be done with a 50mpxl image shot with a 28mm lens on a full frame camera image shot over 800' away from the subject you would be astounded. I know Mickey has.

Bottom line, they need to get the information out there that will permit qualified purchase decisions, not emotional or impulse decisions. It needs to be done before the ships carrying the containers make landfall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Pilot
If anyone has read the EULA relating to SDK App development they might have caught the ITAR clause near the end of it. That is likely to generate more than a little consternation for U.S. App designers. What might be created here using public domain code features might not be exportable if articles from multiple public domain codes are employed. There's a clause in ITAR regs that essentially state that when multiple public domain articles are combined to create a new function they can become export regulated as new UAV technologies governed by ITAR. People unfamiliar with ITAR are going to have become educated quickly. This will not be easy since it's controlled by three different government agencies; Treasury, State, and Commerce. Everything UAV originating in the U.S. falls under ITAR export controls.

Mickey,

I agree, there is much more to be shared about the E90 camera before purchase is justified. The pablum and hype published thus far provides little in the way of establishing superiority over existing camera/lens products, and camera control features have been in need of a lot of improvement for some time. The only cameras I own that will not always be at the last setting used when I use them again are CGO types.

Numbers don't tell what the actual pictures and video will, and imagery reduced or compressed for publication in this forum are fairly useless in providing accurate image depictions. You can't post a full size or PNG image. As it stands I could place an order right now but until more info is published that can be used for accurate comparison purposes I just can't do it. Then there's the flight planning and mapping functions, which is available for anything that uses Pixhawk. It's hard to justify spending $4k+ and $200/battery for something that for the moment might only be superior over the H in these areas. You can build a pretty nice system that will carry a full frame, 50mpxl camera with a prime lens and have all the same features while being able to swap out superior payloads at whim. Costs more, except where batteries are concerned, but you can have a heck of a lot more in deliverables. If you haven't ever seen what can be done with a 50mpxl image shot with a 28mm lens on a full frame camera image shot over 800' away from the subject you would be astounded. I know Mickey has.

Bottom line, they need to get the information out there that will permit qualified purchase decisions, not emotional or impulse decisions. It needs to be done before the ships carrying the containers make landfall.
Pat here is there spec. list for E90 (worth noting 100mbps and implementation of H265 stand as well as H264...it would be nice if mbps was higher but 100 is certainly better than H480 which was touted as 60 but more realistically 45 mbps) so far so good

WEIGHT350 g COLOR SENSITIVITYRGB COMPRESSION BIT RATE100Mbps COMPRESSION TYPEAVC/HEVC DIGITAL NOISE REDUCTION2D Filter EFFECTIVE PIXELS20 Megapixels ELEMENTS7G2P VIEW FIELDDFOV 91 FRAME RATE24/25/30/48/50/60/120 FSTOP RANGEF2.8 GIMBAL AXES3 ANGULAR VIBRATION RANGE± 0.02° MAXIMUM CONTROL RANGETILT: -90° - 15° / PAN: 360° limitless MAXIMUM CONTROL SPEEDTILT: 30°/s / PAN: 120°/s ISO RANGE100 - 6400 VIDEO RESOLUTION4K 60FPS MTF104lp/mm / CENTER: 0.6 / CORNER: 0.4 SENSOR SIZE1 Inch CMOS SHUTTER SPEED4 – 1/8000s SD CARDClass 10 u3 minimum SNRISO100, SNR 36db STORAGE TEMPERATURE-10°C - 50°C OPERATING TEMPERATURE-10°C - 40°C

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacuzi