Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Boot-Up Time and Locking Settings on Camera?

Reaction score
When one of you gets their 520 could you please tell me if the boot up time and camera recognition has improved over the H480. I would also like to know if you still need to reset all your camera settings when you relaunch or change the battery. I just shot a 175 mile bicycle race where I missed lots of shots with my H480's because of this poor design. I also noted that my Mavic did not have the same problem and ended up switching to using that for the race. Glad to see the E-90 camera has 20 megapixels and a 1 in. sensor...would love to see them start miniaturizing the size of the drone however not making them larger. As someone who does foreign work traveling with such large drones is expensive and a hassle.

Last edited:
The boot time on the 520 is much faster. The camera recognition is around 30-65 seconds depending on a few factors. Other airframe in the area and the camera it's self. A full zero to hero boot is right around 45-60 seconds, you can knock that down by taking off in manual mode and switching to angle flight mode once the satellites lock.

The boot time on the 520 is much faster. The camera recognition is around 30-65 seconds depending on a few factors. Other airframe in the area and the camera it's self. A full zero to hero boot is right around 45-60 seconds, you can knock that down by taking off in manual mode and switching to angle flight mode once the satellites lock.
Thanks very much for the info. Do you know if the camera settings still have to be reset every time before you fly?

Nope DataPilot saves the camera settings automatically for the last time it flew the camera. E90 settings are saved, E50 settings are saved. So if you switch between the 50 and the 90 you will need to recheck the camera settings.

Reactions: PatR and zandoli
Nope DataPilot saves the camera settings automatically for the last time it flew the camera. E90 settings are saved, E50 settings are saved. So if you switch between the 50 and the 90 you will need to recheck the camera settings.
Great, I've got custom lenses on all my H480's so only camera I'm interested in is E90 with larger sensor. Thanks very much again for the info. So to understand you clearly if I've got the E90 on and never change out for another camera the current settings will be saved until I choose to change them and if I'm changing batteries or restarting the camera settings will remain unchanged and I will not have to reinter them is that correct?

Thanks here's another question. Are the props attached in the same manner as the H480? The little button held in place by a spring like you would find on a ball point pen?

Can you switch between non gps flight and angle mode from a switch rather than having to navigate through screen menus?

Fantastic news, no smart mode on the switch!
In Manual mode, if you loose signal, will the H520 RTL?

They say it's based on PX4 and on that platform failsafes are fundamental. Loss of connection and RTL or landing. Low battery and RTL or landing. For security reasons it should be, another thing is the options that allow us to select. Let's hope so.

If the ability to choose is present, think very carefully before selecting RTL for low battery state. Those that like to fly a long distance out could end up in a world of hurt if the low batt/RTL is triggered at a distance to far away to make it back with the voltage remaining.

Does the video implement the H265 standard or is it still H264? What file format choices for video are there? Are there any with less compression than H264 or H265? What is the bit rate of the video? I'd sure like to see more samples than a static cell tower and also a spelling out of what the video rates, resolutions, bit rate and file formats are. Hopefully this will be revealed next week or someone who will soon own one will post answers to my questions. Perhaps I've missed it somewhere but I've seen no details just Pro, Pro, Pro level performance...I'm afraid for the cost and speed this technology is rolling over I'm in need of much more information prior to purchase. I'm also wondering if they've come up with a better way to deal with the horrendous glare on the screen? I found the hood to be too flimsy to be practical and the high gloss surface as something designed by someone who obviously doesn't think too much about how difficult it is to view when they designed it.

Last edited:
I hope
Great, I've got custom lenses on all my H480's so only camera I'm interested in is E90 with larger sensor. Thanks very much again for the info. So to understand you clearly if I've got the E90 on and never change out for another camera the current settings will be saved until I choose to change them and if I'm changing batteries or restarting the camera settings will remain unchanged and I will not have to reinter them is that correct?

I am in the same frame of mind regarding camera settings and possible future investment route. My camera forgets any settings on a whim - I have to make sure AWB does not engage without asking. I do hope next weeks show will give us real pictures from the E90 to look at and then a decision can be made. Not sure of the quality of the shooting for the latest promo video, looks soft in places and 'in the camera aerials' were presumably CG03+ or E50 (CG03+ rehashed) as there was nothing that jumped out at you.

Overall definitely still happy with the 2 H machines I have - as are my corporate clients.

I hope

I am in the same frame of mind regarding camera settings and possible future investment route. My camera forgets any settings on a whim - I have to make sure AWB does not engage without asking. I do hope next weeks show will give us real pictures from the E90 to look at and then a decision can be made. Not sure of the quality of the shooting for the latest promo video, looks soft in places and 'in the camera aerials' were presumably CG03+ or E50 (CG03+ rehashed) as there was nothing that jumped out at you.

Overall definitely still happy with the 2 H machines I have - as are my corporate clients.
Yes, yesterday I was shooting some glory shots for a multimillion house and their prairie and despite having settings locked it must have "popped out of Lock" at least three or four times...when the H is running on all cylinders I'm very happy with the results but it performs too inconsistently to be dependable.

despite having settings locked it must have "popped out of Lock" at least three or four times...
I've had similar experiences. I believe that the WB and maybe the Exposure settings go back to AUTO when you switch between Video and Camera modes in flight. Most disconcerting. I will pay more attention to that on next flight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulrs