Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze 4k wish list

Reaction score
Hi all,

As the drone seems to be basically fine, but not everything is working well right now, I thought it might be good to organize a wish list.

From my point of view Yuneec can optimize several things with soft- and firmware updates.

1. provide a real manual mode (manual override)
  2. fix follow-me mode that the drone follows the object and keeps the distance
  3. make the camera more stable while filming / for photos
    (my Breeze is always shaking and drifting even indoors with no wind at all)
  4. define the moving speed quickly while in orbit or journey mode (slow - medium - fast)
  5. real raw image format
  6. GPS in metadata for photo and video
  7. longer battery life (at least as option)
  8. support for 3rd party controller as the PS3 controller for example
What do you want? Changes? Fixes? Improvements?

Last edited:
I would absolutely love RAW image format, instead of just JPEG. I noticed there is a RAW scene mode, does that it mean it can capture raw images?

I wish for a longer battery life. Hopefully there'll be some aftermarket higher capacity battery.

I just got mine so thought I would join in...

RAW mode in the Breeze seems to be just a picture profile sort of setting that give the JPGs and Video a very flat look (low contrast, muted colors).

The 4k (3840x2160) video looks good but the "13MP" (4160x3120)photos seem sort of like a fake 13MP. The 4k video is ultra wide but the photos are less wide. I think it might be just doing a ton of distortion correction and then scaling back up to 13mp. Would love a true 13mp, non distortion corrected option in JPG or even better RAW!

Would like to be able to take photos/videos before taking off.

It doesn't stay in place all that great inside (I haven't gotten a chance to even take it out yet). be nice if that could be improved on. This was in good lighting and then in lower lighting I was getting the "Optical low Module Error" and it wouldn't even take off.

You have to remember is that RAW is just that. It is a mode that is expecting you to use post processing to clean up the image. A Raw image viewed as is will look washed out and ugly. But RAW contains none of the compression that jpg puts into the image.
While they do not reply here, I know Yuneec does watch this and other forums. Make sure to pick up the phone or send them Emails with your suggestions, they can not fix what they do not know is broke.
We have some really good pilots/photographers on the forums, post some pictures and ask for suggestions on how to make it better.

I noticed that my breeze is not putting the GPS coordinates to the photos and videos.

I wish Yuneec would save the photos with location on my iPhone.

Did anyone find a way to get the GPS to the photo?

I noticed that my breeze is not putting the GPS coordinates to the photos and videos.

I wish Yuneec would save the photos with location on my iPhone.

Did anyone find a way to get the GPS to the photo?

Manually editing the EXIF metadata is it for now. Add it to the wishlist for a future upgrade.

Hi all,

As the drone seems to be basically fine, but not everything is working well right now, I thought it might be good to organize a wish list.

From my point of view Yuneec can optimize several things with soft- and firmware updates.

4. define the moving speed quickly while in orbit or journey mode (slow - medium - fast)
  5. ...

If you set the Video Camera to 1080p, the EIS is great
Hi all,

5. ...What do you want? Changes? Fixes? Improvements?
Check out this guy's Videos.
He comes on here from time to time.
This one is about Video Stabilization.

If you set the Video Camera to 1080p, the EIS is great
Check out this guy's Videos.
He comes on here from time to time.
This one is about Video Stabilization.

Thanks for the link :)
www.youtu.be/b3oHBRfTIT4

The EIS is ok and my preferred option for now, but I would like to have a more stable and less shaky flight (point 3).

The app to be compatible with a PS3 controller
Some soft foam cushions for the feet. When I can I try to land on grass or some other soft landing spot, but most of the times this is not possible, and I would like to protect the airframe

Reactions: nebucat
The app to be compatible with a PS3 controller
Some soft foam cushions for the feet. When I can I try to land on grass or some other soft landing spot, but most of the times this is not possible, and I would like to protect the airframe
I added the controller.

Concerning the soft foam feet: I would recommend to just put "socks" on it yourself. I'm not worried about the body on normal landings, I think it's quite stable.
Anyone else wants soft cushion feet for the Breeze?

A bit more range would be nice wider geofence options.
I'm new here, but pondered over the Breeze for a good while before buying due to the limited range. Would have been an instant buy if range were closer to the 500 - 1000 foot range.

I added the controller.

Concerning the soft foam feet: I would recommend to just put "socks" on it yourself. I'm not worried about the body on normal landings, I think it's quite stable.
Anyone else wants soft cushion feet for the Breeze?[/QUOTE

My husband received a free helipad with his Autel drone and I use that for take off and landing. Works wonders in the grass.

Hi all,

5. real raw image format
  6. GPS in metadata for photo and video
  7. longer battery life (at least as option)
  8. support for 3rd party controller as the PS3 controller for example

1. There is a manual mode. Pilot and Controller and if you prefer GPS can be disabled. If there is wind you will have to control to compensate for it, altitude will still be assisted via IRS and barometer.

2. There are two modes to Follow Me. The first you position the Breeze and Camera then select the object to be followed by using a two finger pinch to draw a box around the Object of Interest. The Breeze will rotate to keep the object in the field of view. If you move too close or far where the Breeze cannot ‘rotate’ to keep you in view, it will lose track.
The second Follow Me is a Smart mode entered by tapping the switch at top left center in Follow Me mode (double right pointing arrows). In this mode the device running Breeze Cam is tracked by the Breeze (the device must have GPS and have Location Services enabled and allow Breeze Cam access). There is no obstacle avoidance and clearance must be maintained by the pilot. Max speed for an object being tracked is 16.4 feet/sec (5m/sec).

3. All multirotor craft with a non-gimballed Camera suffer from the same malady. The camera has to be gimbal mounted to offset the movement and vibration of the flying platform.

4. A nice suggestion that would be very nice to have implemented from within the flight mode.

5. Will have to check a few photos/videos and see if there is a more expanded range to work with when set to RAW.

6. Good suggestion. Even though I allow Breeze Cam access to Location Services the Photos/Videos from the Breeze do not show up in Locations of the iPhone’s Photo app.

7. Would be nice, but there is a major trade off with size, weight, and capacity of the LiPo cells.

8. Another nice suggestion. To go along the same lines, an app to adjust the settings on the Yuneec Controller. Sensitivity of the sticks (like slowing the yaw rate for smoother panning) or assigning camera adjustments to unused buttons.

Great post nebucat!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval