Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze controller won’t charge

Reaction score
Well picked up my Breeze today at Walmart and the controller want change. Tried the USB port on the computer and two diffrent phone chargers. Will only blink 1 blue led after about 4 hours of charging. Called Yuneec and hold time is 89 minutes. LOL back to Walmart tomorrow to exchange for another one.

Is the light you’re referring to the blue power button between the joysticks? If so, mine took quite awhile to fully charge the first time. You won’t need a full charge to make a few flights. When controller is fully charged the power button will be lit and not flashing. All other buttons and lights will be off.

Reactions: Murray Martz
The four along the bottom of the controller. Only one is flashing and I think when fully charged they all will be lit when powered on. I am trying to charge it again this morning since due to snow and ice there is no way I can get to Walmart today anyway.

Swapped my Breeze and it looks like this controller may not charge either. I'll leave it charging for the next 14 hours or so and see. Walmart might have a batch of bad batteries in the controllers. If so I will have to spend the dreaded wait time on the phone to try and get a replacement. This one did let me connect it to my phone where the other one did not.

When fully charged the power button between the joysticks will be on solid.

The LED’s you are talking about are the Status lights. If you are using an Android device hold down the A and Power buttons for 2 seconds and the left most LED will be lit. If using an iOS device hold down Y and Power buttons for 2 seconds and the second from left LED will be lit.

You can get the pdf user manual here: Shopping much easier to read than the micro documentation that comes with the controller. There is also the firmware update if the Camera will not move using the d-pad on the controller.

When fully charged the power button between the joysticks will be on solid.

The LED’s you are talking about are the Status lights. If you are using an Android device hold down the A and Power buttons for 2 seconds and the left most LED will be lit. If using an iOS device hold down Y and Power buttons for 2 seconds and the second from left LED will be lit.

You can get the pdf user manual here: Shopping much easier to read than the micro documentation that comes with the controller. There is also the firmware update if the Camera will not move using the d-pad on the controller.
Thanks. It's finally fully charged. I know from online videos I keep on seeing all 4 LEDs lit and figured that was the power level indicators. The manual doesn't seem to do a good job of telling you what's what with it.. LOL. Thanks for the reply and help!

Thanks. It's finally fully charged. I know from online videos I keep on seeing all 4 LEDs lit and figured that was the power level indicators. The manual doesn't seem to do a good job of telling you what's what with it.. LOL. Thanks for the reply and help!

I think all four may be lit once you are connected and ready to fly in the app. It’s hard to tell with the phone cradle attached. If you are using the same phone for control all the time, you only have to do the mode combo for iOS or Android once. After that just use the power button to startup.

I think the other one I took back may have been bad though. After charging for 6 hours or more it would never connect to my phone or turn the light on solid. This one connected via Bluetooth even before I charged it yesterday. Once I followed what you said I get solid lights and connected to my phone. Earlier I might have been using Y and the power button to connect to my android phone. It would connect but the bottom light would still be flashing. I figured it was a bad battery indicator. The pdf manual helps out a lot compared to the one that comes with the controller. Thanks again!

I think the other one I took back may have been bad though. After charging for 6 hours or more it would never connect to my phone or turn the light on solid. This one connected via Bluetooth even before I charged it yesterday. Once I followed what you said I get solid lights and connected to my phone. Earlier I might have been using Y and the power button to connect to my android phone. It would connect but the bottom light would still be flashing. I figured it was a bad battery indicator. The pdf manual helps out a lot compared to the one that comes with the controller. Thanks again!

You are welcome. Hope you have lots of enjoyment flying your Breeze.

I read the manual before charging the controller... Pretty straight forward. It is blinking once every two seconds while charging. Will keep ya posted.

I plugged it in.. LOL skimmed the manual and then though wrongly that once charged they would show 4 blue LEDs indicating it was fully charged. I think the first one was bad. It would never connect to my Note 8 via Bluetooth. This one connected right up before I started charging it. Oh well lessons learned.

Reactions: Tekn1que
My experience was A1. Unboxed the controller, charged it. (it was partially full) took an hour and a half till it was full. Paired it to IoS (hold power button and Y button until it goes into pairing mode) It synced right up.

Power on/Configured : in this order..

Ipad mini
Breeze
Controller
Wifi to AC
Open Breeze Cam
Bluetooth to controller.

Worked perfectly the first try.

Modded an ipad holder, (pics in the mods section) and away I go tomorrow. I am confident the controller will enhance my flight experience.

Reactions: Gsampl4
Swapped my Breeze and it looks like this controller may not charge either. I'll leave it charging for the next 14 hours or so and see. Walmart might have a batch of bad batteries in the controllers. If so I will have to spend the dreaded wait time on the phone to try and get a replacement. This one did let me connect it to my phone where the other one did not.
I am on my third controller from Walmart and none of the three would charge. Walmart is aware of this and stated almost all Breezes sold at Walmart in the last 5 months were returned.

When charging all 4 color lights flash then after few minutes they stop flashing and stay solid any ideas is this a bad one?

My led is red just one flashing after hrs of charging any ideas?

There are four LED mode lights in the center below the joysticks. Are you saying that those LED’s are red? If so you have the older version of the Bluetooth controller.

If the power button is on solid after charging then the controller is fully charged. The mode LED’s DO NOT show charge state. The controller can take several hours to charge, but will last for about 18 hours of use once it is fully charged.

While I'm here how do I download my footage. I gather the breeze has its own on board memory?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hendrtiz