Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze Drone WiFi lost after Firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just received delivery of my beautiful new Breeze Drone. However after performing the firmware upgrade I can no longer see it's WiFi in order to bind. I could see it and bind just fine before the upgrade. I've tried turning it off and on, removing the battery and looking for the drone Wifi on multiple devices but it is no longer there. Grateful of any direction in fixing this?

Thanks

Tim

Try this.. Are you running Android? If so, I have found the issue to be with Android.. When the breeze doesn't show up to bind I have to reset my phone and it shows up.. I actually have this same issue with Yi 4K action camera and my GoPro. When you say you have tried turning it off/on do you mean the drone or your phone? Like I said, I have found the issue to be with the phone and not the drone.. I did the same thing when I first got my breeze and reset it about 20 times.. I finally found that when I see this issue (Which is actually often) a simple reset of the phone is all that is needed

Actually the more I test, resetting the phone doesn't always work either and I am having the same issue on Iphone.. I actually haven't upgraded my firmware yey

Thanks for the reply, I'm using an iPhone. I've not tried resetting the phone yet, but the drone Wifi is not showing up in my iPad Wifi connections either

ok an update on this. Reset everything, reboot iPhone and took out and replaced drone battery. Now I can see the Drone WiFi hooray. Seems a bit fragile. Thanks dstephens!

Make sure you delete the "network" from the "wifi" list, reboot phone, search the wifi and enter the password. All okay. (Probably some caching issue.)

ok an update on this. Reset everything, reboot iPhone and took out and replaced drone battery. Now I can see the Drone WiFi hooray. Seems a bit fragile.
Tim,
If the issue happens again, and removing the Breeze battery and re-inserting it resolves the problem, please post it here. It may help other members.
Dropping an email to Yuneec would also help if the problem persist.

Hi there,

I just bought Breeze yesterday. I opened the package today, I could not find the drone on my WIFI, I reset it several times, and after that I finally got connected. I made the update. I went out to flight it. Again! No WIFI signal. After several resets, I found it. During my first flight I lost WIFI signal and the screen went blue. Imediately I pressed return to home. It came down, but i could not land it. After that I could not enter the WIFI. Too bad for the first time....

I experience exact the same problem during my first flight. Wifi connexion is lost after about two minutes in the air, the screen goes blue, breeze keeps hovering but does not land. Return home or land buttons do not work. Must take it out of the air by hand! What is going wrong here?

You might have some interference with the 2,4 GHz wi-fi net from other users. Try to move to a different place to fly from. It could help.

Ive recently had the same issues. I just purchased the breeze Wednesday 1/11/17. Set up went well, an I updated the most recent firmware 1.0.5.6.

Unfortunately, I lost wifi connection on the first flight and the drone was unresponsive. It set itself into "return to home" via gps and started an assent. This was a bad place to do such a thing because it hit some tree branches and the drone was crashed.

Few nasty scrapes and the infrared lense shattered out. I've only found 2 stores online who carry the cabin cover to repair the damage and they are both backordered.

Since the crash I've experienced not finding wifi on my phone and restarting the phone has been the only thing that works.

I guess all that said.. I'm left wondering if this is a warranty issue?

Tim,
If the issue happens again, and removing the Breeze battery and re-inserting it resolves the problem, please post it here. It may help other members.
Dropping an email to Yuneec would also help if the problem persist.
I also am having issues with Wi-Fi, Just got new Breeze last night, with IPhone 6 +, on first power up the iPhone saw the "Breeze" signal.
But after powering down and on again, never saw 'Breeze' signal again. Tried with Samsung edge, same problem. I powered off and on several times the phones and the Breeze, removed and reinserted battery, no help.
called Yuneec, the mentioned there is a problem, there is a "work around" they mentioned,
1. put phone into 'airplane mode', then turn Wi-Fi back on. the signal appeared!, but it does not seem consistent at all, problem may still reoccur.
they asked for serial number of my unit. perhaps there may be a problem with 'certain' production runs?

Got my Breeze two days ago, turned on, worked smoothly. After firmware update, wifi signal disappeared.
Turned off and turned on again, nothing. Tried different devices, airplane mode, reboot iphone, nothing. I put aside for a half a day and tried again. It worked. Then I realised that if I remove the battery for at least 30-60sec, than it starts to work.

So what I do now is after a flight, I put back the drone into its case, but first I disconnect the battery and fix it using the included white soft foam. Then when I want to use again, I just reconnect the battery and it works flawlessly.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: mfpullen
I bought mine from QVC, and it lost connection from three feet away and crashed. I returned it, and they sent a replacement. I'm not updating the firmware on this one as I have not had a connection issue yet. Does anyone know what he update is for?

I bought mine from QVC, and it lost connection from three feet away and crashed. I returned it, and they sent a replacement. I'm not updating the firmware on this one as I have not had a connection issue yet. Does anyone know what he update is for?

I am not certain, but I thought (or assumed) it had something to do with the release of the FPV Controller? I could be completely wrong and it could just be coincidence? You just download the update and install it - no info shown in the process. There aren't any other release notes issued by Yuneec (would be nice) that I have seen.

I just posted this in the "Buggy Update" Thread Discussion dealing with the same issue. I exchanged my Breeze on Amazon and am currently waiting for the new one so I can't test this.

FYI

From Yuneec Tech Support - A Reset Feature. See my reply below.

I apologize for the late reply, we have been having some systematic errors here on our end. I have read your email and was going to let you know that you can try doing the reset on the Breeze unit if you'd like. What you would have to do is, where the the micro usb port is on the Breeze there is a little hole beside it. What you want to do is get a safety pin/ paper clip and press the button within the hole, then turn on the Breeze. You then want to remove the pin, let go off the power button and power cycle the Breeze. There may be an issue where there will be no flashing light on the Breeze after this but a power cycle should resolve that issue. If you are still having trouble, feel free to contact us so that we further assist you with the issues you are experiencing. Thank you

My Reply:

I give it a try.
Will that just reset the drone?
Is there a reset that rolls it back to the original factory firmware version?
MANY users are having WiFi issues since the new firmware upgrade.
Check Amazon Reviews or YuneecPilots.com and you’ll see a lot of folks having issues.

http://yuneecpilots.com/threads/buggy-update.5753/
Those that don’t have WiFi issues, didn’t upgrade the firmware it seems?
FYI a lot of us are experienced Quad Pilots. I also fly LSA.

Connection, Wi-Fi issues. I believe Yuneec has found a 'work around' for the problem of Wi-Fi connection. I am using the IPhone 6+, running IOS 10.2, the problems I had involved intermittent Wi-Fi, and on the app, "greyed out" top command bar, and no camera video.
By going into "airplane mode", then turning on Wi-Fi (and maybe Bluetooth, don't recall). all functions and Wi-Fi connection worked,
and when finished, turn off airplane mode. it seem to work every time.

Reactions: FLYXLSA
Let us know if it drops Wi-Fi during flight. That is the issue many are having over in the other Buggy Update forum. Thanks!

Connection, Wi-Fi issues. I believe Yuneec has found a 'work around' for the problem of Wi-Fi connection. I am using the IPhone 6+, running IOS 10.2, the problems I had involved intermittent Wi-Fi, and on the app, "greyed out" top command bar, and no camera video.
By going into "airplane mode", then turning on Wi-Fi (and maybe Bluetooth, don't recall). all functions and Wi-Fi connection worked,
and when finished, turn off airplane mode. it seem to work every time.

I also facing the connection problems 3 times! That means, 3 times losing connection, 3 times turning the drone off and 3 times reconnecting to the drone! Now i downgraded the firmware and i had 1 disconnect during flight.

I still don't know if i should upgrade the firmware and give that 'airplane mode' workaround a try, or leave it as it is.

I have connection problems without any firmware update (see my other thread, where I discussion inability to update firmware).

First flight outside today - could not connect to the drone. Had to "forget" Wi-Fi and then connect again. Had to do it like 3 times befor success. Max distance was about 40m, max height 20m. I could not get higher. At distance of about 40m and lower height the drone disconnected and I could never connect it again. I could see its Wi-Fi, but I could never connect.

During the flight the picture was very laggy, lower part was distorted and camera control did not work at all time. I could move the slider all the way up or down, but camera did not move. I had to lower the drone to look around.

Flying Controller Version: 1.0.0
ESC version 1.0.3
Camera Version: 1.0.2 (F)

This is a very disappointing drone. May be they should rename the company to "WDIBD" (Why Didn´t I Buy DJI)
Unfortunately where I live (area close to the airport) I can only fly drones under 500 gram and DJIs are too heavy :(

Update 2: I could not connect to the Wi Fi of the drone anymore. I removed the battery from the drone and now I can connect. Very very strange behavior.
I could update the firmware today with help of a user in another thread. After the update the drone flies 100m as advertised.
On a personal note, I find the drone to be too slow and the range too limited to fly outside and to big to fly inside.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval