Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Breeze straying in position when only hovering

Reaction score
My drone will stray fairly slow when only hovering and not touching any controls whatsoever. Its not bad enough to be upset but I am scared to use any of the modes without it being able to simply hover and stay in location.

Are you flying indoors or outside?

Open field or over concrete or near metal?

Did you perform a compass calibration in an open area? Preferably while facing local magnetic north.

If flying indoors be sure to disable GPS.

Are you flying indoors or outside?

Open field or over concrete or near metal?

Did you perform a compass calibration in an open area? Preferably while facing local magnetic north.

If flying indoors be sure to disable GPS.

I am flying strictly outdoors until I get the hang of this baby, and over a grass yard that is probably about 20'x20' or so before any cars or obstacles.
I originally calibrated it in a large dirt field and then recalibrated it in the yard which helped a little.

If there are a lot of trees or buildings close by, you may be getting reflected GPS signals that can cause a slow drift. If the yard is enclosed by a metal fence that can also affect a slow drift.

I was recently flying at a Veteran’s Memorial near my home. The Breeze kept drifting and had me puzzled as to why, until I realized it was the large amount of rebar in the concrete around the center of the monument.

On a calm day take the Breeze out in the yard and fly it with the GPS turned off. Keep it under 10 feet so the IR and Flow sensors keep it stable. See if the drifting is better or worse than with GPS turned on.

If there are a lot of trees or buildings close by, you may be getting reflected GPS signals that can cause a slow drift. If the yard is enclosed by a metal fence that can also affect a slow drift.

I was recently flying at a Veteran’s Memorial near my home. The Breeze kept drifting and had me puzzled as to why, until I realized it was the large amount of rebar in the concrete around the center of the monument.

On a calm day take the Breeze out in the yard and fly it with the GPS turned off. Keep it under 10 feet so the IR and Flow sensors keep it stable. See if the drifting is better or worse than with GPS turned on.
Thank you so much. I have noticed your replies to multiple questions on here, may I have your number possibly for any further questions? Also how do I disable GPS?

To disable GPS, enter Tasks and use the soft switch on the upper left that looks like a satellite.

I don’t give out my number, but you can start a conversation here. Just click on the icon that looks like a person’s head and shoulders in the black bar near the top, then click on the envelope. For best results though, keep questions in the forum. There are a lot of folks with good knowledge in here and a search on the forum can sometimes answer a question without waiting for someone to respond.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patynowy