Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Build 829 (Patch) is now out. Here we go again!

Again, it’s the operator that is responsible to assure the aircraft is safe for flight and there are no certification

Not certs in safety. The only validation is when the client puts the operator back in circulation and renew the contract.

Speaking about the big guys, I just got off the phone with a friend I've known for 15+ years. we're getting together for lunch mid June. Wants me to get involved in commercial inspection for their clients using drones. I'll have to up my insurance coverage to 2 million.
He's one of their top dogs in the company, Most of their clients are the fortune 500
Anyone heard of Zurich? .?

From one perspective that is certainly true as the previous safety record provides justification for contract renewal.

We should bear in mind I’m not stating that all things are open to modification, especially if and when existing laws prohibits or restrict modification of a component or system. However, as their are no “industry standards” for model aviation assemblies and no empirical structural stress test data there are many things wide open to interpretation. There are certainly some things were historical practices have become a de facto standard but anyone that has generated test data establishing other methods or materials are just as good or better than the “tribal knowledge” methods would likely win in court.

Even the AMA’s large model inspection certification process lacks empirical engineering test data to support their certification process and standards. Interestingly, the FAA views the AMA certification process as an acceptable means to assure a large model is safe, something they don’t accept from the manned aviation industry. Homebuilt or aircraft using uncertified technology have to be registered as Restricted or Experimental to be legally operated. AMA certifications are largely predicated on opinions obtained from more experienced modelers designated as inspectors, and there is considerable latitude given for AMA inspector opinions. Without test data establishing facts an opinion is subjective.

AH-1,

Look into obtaining commercial coverage for your auto while you’re at it. Your personal policy likely won’t cover while driving for business purposes. As many big outfits demand certs for “additional insured” during all aspects of an operation that involves them the subject could come up. Any time you’re moving between customer locations has them in a liability window.

AH-1,

Look into obtaining commercial coverage for your auto while you’re at it. Your personal policy likely won’t cover while driving for business purposes. As many big outfits demand certs for “additional insured” during all aspects of an operation that involves them the subject could come up. Any time you’re moving between customer locations has them in a liability window.
Thanks for the tip, will do.

Speaking about the big guys, I just got off the phone with a friend I've known for 15+ years. we're getting together for lunch mid June. Wants me to get involved in commercial inspection for their clients using drones. I'll have to up my insurance coverage to 2 million.
He's one of their top dogs in the company, Most of their clients are the fortune 500
Anyone heard of Zurich? .[emoji16]

Go get em’
One big contract can lead to another big contract. Congrats in advance.

Reactions: Euphered and AH-1G
Congratulations AH-1G. That is awesome!
Anyone heard of Zurich? .[emoji16]

Reactions: AH-1G
Oh boy ...I am very new here and I hope you all do not mind me adding a post. I am just about to take my certification test for several reasons (I have only been a recreational flyer). I was reading through this thread, and my head is spinning from all of you commercial operators. I will have a really steep learning curve if I purchase a Yuneec. The more I read here and elsewhere I am grateful and will certainly do a lot more research before I go too much further. If I did fly for hire it would most likely be real estate (or some novice work). Anyway, I am quite impressed with this forum ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval