Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

**Building a Typhoon H from parts**

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am a 51-year-old kid with way too many hobbies. I own three Yuneec drones and enjoy building and repairing them as much as I do flying them. Currently, I have purchased a lot of used parts on eBay for the H model cheap. The parts were so cheap that I have decided to build the entire thing from scratch. After purchasing most of the parts I needed, I am learning how hard it is to find new replacement parts for Yuneec drones and a complete parts list. One of my Q500 birds decided to fly itself into some power lines one day and did some significant damage. I tried finding the airframe for her but ended up having to buy a used one on eBay due to backorders. Just a bit of advice for anyone who may need some hard parts for their drone, get used to hearing this word - backorder. Anyway, back to the H model. I am having a hard time finding anyone who has an inner airframe for the Typhoon H. I continue getting the same excuse 'these parts are on backorder'. I actually found one on Vertigo's website saying it was in stock. I placed the order and two weeks later they tell me it is on backorder. Also, I can't seem to find a full repair manual or even a complete parts list. I came here in hopes of finding someone who may have access to this information I need. I love Yuneec's drones but I am currently thinking of moving back to DJI drones, simply due to the fact that Yuneec's support is so bad when it comes to their parts or DIY repair. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Hey guys,
I am a 51-year-old kid with way too many hobbies. I own three Yuneec drones and enjoy building and repairing them as much as I do flying them. Currently, I have purchased a lot of used parts on eBay for the H model cheap. The parts were so cheap that I have decided to build the entire thing from scratch. After purchasing most of the parts I needed, I am learning how hard it is to find new replacement parts for Yuneec drones and a complete parts list. One of my Q500 birds decided to fly itself into some power lines one day and did some significant damage. I tried finding the airframe for her but ended up having to buy a used one on eBay due to backorders. Just a bit of advice for anyone who may need some hard parts for their drone, get used to hearing this word - backorder. Anyway, back to the H model. I am having a hard time finding anyone who has an inner airframe for the Typhoon H. I continue getting the same excuse 'these parts are on backorder'. I actually found one on Vertigo's website saying it was in stock. I placed the order and two weeks later they tell me it is on backorder. Also, I can't seem to find a full repair manual or even a complete parts list. I came here in hopes of finding someone who may have access to this information I need. I love Yuneec's drones but I am currently thinking of moving back to DJI drones, simply due to the fact that Yuneec's support is so bad when it comes to their parts or DIY repair. Thanks in advance for any help.

Are you selling anything such as a GPS Module
for my TY- H -480

Vertigo drones suck all there parts are not in stock and never will be I have been down that road with them they don't care I have talked to them and they say so what

Vertigo drones suck all there parts are not in stock and never will be I have been down that road with them they don't care I have talked to them and they say so what
Customer is king. Move on to someone who stocks it.

Reactions: KEITH KUHN
Are you selling any of your ST 16 parts? I need 1 each of the 2 - 3 switch modules in the top left & right corners of the ST16. thanks

Customer is king. Move on to someone who stocks it.
No venders online have this frame. It is only 25 bucks but you can't find one. I have seen others selling them used for the same price but I always seem to get there a bit late and miss out.

After emailing Yuneec, I have come to realize that their support is next to nothing. I emailed them three weeks ago and have heard nothing back.

This?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191102-162230.png
    Screenshot_20191102-162230.png
    792.8 KB · Views: 27
I've just read your post regarding building an H from scratch. That sounds like Mission Impossible from what I've heard. Guess it will depend on what parts you need. You say your a 50 yrs. + boy in a toy store. I'm an 80 yr. old boy getting out of the toy store for medical reasons. Like you I had 3 "H"s plus 2 steady grips. I've sold all but 1 "H+ Pro complete with case" and 2 steady grips & 1 steadygrip case plus 2 ST16s that only need a couple of switch nuts. Just wanted you to know I have everything you need and been thinking I may consider piecing it out in parts, but I won't give it away in the process. Good luck with your venture and in finding what you need. My ad should still be on this site if you are interested

Hey guys,
Hi Cabinfourus,
I had a Typhoon H that went in the river because of a hot dog landing on a pier and the power distribution board got fried. Found a replacement body minus camera and controller on e-bay for $300, binded it to controller with my existing Real Sense and camera and kept going with my projects. The old drone, I took apart and saved the various modules, etc for parts. Well, a month ago, I got the building bug and went on ebay and purchased a new board and proceeded to rebuild the whole thing. It's actually not that difficult/almost everything is modular, and there is a great video by user Jules_Flies on YouTube where he disassembles and replaces power board:
Painted body for the heck of it, and now fly it as my little drone hot rod (as much as a Chevy Suburban can be a hot rod -Lol) without camera weighing it down. Easy, easy build and I've been seeing a lot of parts on eBay lately as there are sellers buying refurbished models and breaking them down and selling them as parts. You should have no problems doing the build. I wish you luck!

Attachments

• IMG_4094.JPG
    IMG_4094.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 21
Hi Cabinfourus,
I had a Typhoon H that went in the river because of a hot dog landing on a pier and the power distribution board got fried. Found a replacement body minus camera and controller on e-bay for $300, binded it to controller with my existing Real Sense and camera and kept going with my projects. The old drone, I took apart and saved the various modules, etc for parts. Well, a month ago, I got the building bug and went on ebay and purchased a new board and proceeded to rebuild the whole thing. It's actually not that difficult/almost everything is modular, and there is a great video by user Jules_Flies on YouTube where he disassembles and replaces power board:
Painted body for the heck of it, and now fly it as my little drone hot rod (as much as a Chevy Suburban can be a hot rod -Lol) without camera weighing it down. Easy, easy build and I've been seeing a lot of parts on eBay lately as there are sellers buying refurbished models and breaking them down and selling them as parts. You should have no problems doing the build. I wish you luck!
Jules Flies is like surgeon.
I have not seen him
Post anything for quite
Sometime now.
Keith Kuhn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval