Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Building my own drone

Reaction score
Sooooo guys,
my dad and I have been thinking of building our own quadcopter straight from scratch. The only problem is, getting all the electronics and all together.
Now, my dad says that he wants ME to design and code the **** thing :p And I hardly know much about coding other than .NET.......
So, he says that there's this website called microchip.com. they have microchipDirect which distributes chips and parts, and they have the main website and all...
Now, I need to know which parts I need to be able to make the brains and motor controls of the quad......if ANY of you know about this topic, and are familiar with a microchip, or similar things, help would be appreciated.
Feel free to ask me any questions you need, and I will try my best to answer them.
Best Regards

I would not code this stuff from the scratch but use one of the open source projects for multicopters. You can contribute or make your own changes according your needs on base of the existing knowledge.
My favorite is Open Source for Drones - PX4 Open Source Autopilot but there are a couple of other projects.

Also a good help to configure your multicopter is this:

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop