Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bulb replacement

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I have an LED light out on the seven o'clock motor on my TH. Can anyone tell me how to remove the lens and replace the light? I don't want to force the lens cover for fear l may break it before l even get to the LED.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

It’s easy. It simply twists off.

BUT

You only need to turn it slightly. The tabs fit in a slot and a slight twist locks them in. It’s only like 1/16” turn, you’ll feel it click, then lift up and out. “Most” of mine were easy but one was a real bear! (I re-arranged my lights)

You can find replacements on amazon or on Terrestrial Imaging’s website

Replacement Green Light

Just two screws and a small white plug.

Thanks very much for the info Fred. I will give it a try tomorrow, and check Amazon for the LED. Appreciate the quick response.

That tool would have made it a whole lot easier for sure. You can see in one of the pictures, the tab with the hook, and just how little it needs to turn.

It would be so very cool if Firehouse would take one of these light boards and build their ARC2 strobes into one. Be nice to have direct replacements of super bright flashing lights that plug into the aircraft and fit under the lampshades.

Reactions: Mike Irish
It would be so very cool if Firehouse would take one of these light boards and build their ARC2 strobes into one. Be nice to have direct replacements of super bright flashing lights that plug into the aircraft and fit under the lampshades.
I'm using the small Strobe-on self powered ones attached with a snap on bracket to the landing gear. Works great for orientation.
STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

Reactions: rdonson
I’ve got the Firehouse ARC2 white strobe and just use a patch of Velcro to hold it. Man it’s so bright! Like a camera flash. Don’t look at it turning it on or off.

Hi Guys
Well, I removed the lens cover and checked the LED by switching it out with the other red LED and it works fine, so I guess my problem is something internal. Not sure what my next move is going to be. Thanks again for your help.

Hi Guys
Well, I removed the lens cover and checked the LED by switching it out with the other red LED and it works fine, so I guess my problem is something internal. Not sure what my next move is going to be. Thanks again for your help.
The wire runs down the motor arm and plugs into the main board. You can usually see it when you fold the arm down. Check to see if it is pinched.

MainBoard Power.jpg

Hi guys
Posted a msg. this morning but just learned it didn't make the trip so I'll try again. My TH was just returned from United Radio after some repairs. When I shipped it all the LEDS were working. When it was returned the 7 o'clock Led was out , that's why I was asking for advice. After switching over the the two red LEDS it was obvious the problem was internal. This morning I removed the top cover and discovered that the LED was unplugged from the motherboard. Problem solved. The repairs totaled $240.00. The invoice stated that a functional test was performed. Performing a test and not noticing that something as basic as a light out doesn't say a lot for United Radio service. Anyway, I am back in business except for the weather. Looks like I'll have to wait a few days. Western PA.

Thanks again for the quick responses.

It's common for techs to get interrupted during a repair so these things happen. Glad you found the problem and got it going.

Reactions: Mike Irish
Hi guys
Posted a msg. this morning but just learned it didn't make the trip so I'll try again. My TH was just returned from United Radio after some repairs. When I shipped it all the LEDS were working. When it was returned the 7 o'clock Led was out , that's why I was asking for advice. After switching over the the two red LEDS it was obvious the problem was internal. This morning I removed the top cover and discovered that the LED was unplugged from the motherboard. Problem solved. The repairs totaled $240.00. The invoice stated that a functional test was performed. Performing a test and not noticing that something as basic as a light out doesn't say a lot for United Radio service. Anyway, I am back in business except for the weather. Looks like I'll have to wait a few days. Western PA.

Thanks again for the quick responses.
Ahhh yes, the old "we did a complete diognostic test after the repair"! All is ahhh ok:oops::rolleyes:o_O

.. smh..

Ok, red-left at 7 o clock.. i've tried twisting both ways, to the left and to the right & I can't get it to budge for the life of me.. ftr, my hands are not weak.. should I just order the tool ?? or am I missing a certain technique ??

NW.
The Lampshades can be Really Difficult to Remove, and it's Hard to Find the Lampshade Removal Tool For Sale, so I have Them for Rent for $10 + Deposit & Shipping here's the Link: https://yuneecskins.com/all-products/ols/products/typhoon-hh-pro-lampshade-removal-tool-rental

Attachments

• H LED Light Removal 10.1.png
    H LED Light Removal 10.1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop