Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Bulging Battery..again Q500+

Reaction score
I have another bulging battery again and getting tired of the replacement cost so I decided to give it a try. I fully charged it with my aftermarket balance charger and took it for a flight. Everything went well although I did notice slightly diminished flight time. Battery readings after flight is All = 11.4, Cell 1 = 3.79, Cell 2 = 33.80, Cell 3 = 3.81 which looks okay to me. What do you guys think, trash the battery or not? Thanks

I would not continue to use it, simply because the chemical process that causes swelling is both cumulative and increases the potential fire danger. To comment further is not productive without more information... how old, how many flights, flying style, have you ever flown to 1st warning, if recently purchased what is date of manufacture, etc.

I second Eagle Eye....
Swelling batteries is a bad thing.
Your pushing them to hard and overheating them. Shorten your run times and don't push the Q so hard.
I don't think the batteries are your problem.It's your particular flying style.

Added: I have 4 factory batteries of my own that look like yours. I don't purchase Yuneecs any more.

Second that - all the bad luck with swelling I have had has been with Yuneec OEM batteries. Aftermarket batteries seem to be better, and, usually cheaper!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder