Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

C23 freeze up

No, I never have put it in manual mode. That's the problem. I also can't figure out how to do a screenshot on the st16s,
Hold down the middle button below the screen to take a screenshot. The file will be in:
Screenshot Directory.jpg
Also, does the controller itself indicate it is currently selected to Manual mode?
Manual Mode.jpg

Here are some screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-40-52[1].png
    Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-40-52[1].png
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-56-37[1].png
    Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-56-37[1].png
    336.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-57-23[1].png
    Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-57-23[1].png
    243.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-58-04[1].png
    Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-58-04[1].png
    301.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-58-39[1].png
    Screenshot_2022-04-23-14-58-39[1].png
    273.1 KB · Views: 10
Here are some screenshots
Good Job. And some good information to work with.
First, the firmware is good.
And the error log explains how it got in Manual Mode.

The remaining problem is "what failed". My first thought was to start babbling about the compass/GPS module and the associated connectors. Then I realized that does not seem to explain the loss of RC connection, the video issues, or some of the other weird stuff. The data seems to point more towards the drone now, instead of the controller. But it will take someone like @h-elsner or @DoomMeister to figure out what the error messages are trying to tell us.

I'm not even sure why the time stamps don't seem to make sense. Is the controller resetting itself to 12:00 each time it is turned on? Does the controller time change randomly while it is operating?
About what actual time was it when the flyaway started at around 12:00 yesterday's date?
About what actual time was it when you regained signal near the parking lot?
And the items that read as around 7:11 today's date?
And those that read as about 12:00 today?

Reactions: ttmarch
It should be the time on the controller, but that should update when the controller gets a good GPS lock. Unless the battery is pulled or depleted the ST16S should retain the clock.

I’ve been busy doing some Spring cleaning today. I’ll try to take a look at the FlightLog in the morning.

@ttmarch ,
Has there been any recent history just prior to the anomalies showing up? Things like firmware update, calibrations, repairs, modifications, third party apps added, hard landings/drops/bumps, getting wet, etc.?

Good Job. And some good information to work with.
First, the firmware is good.
And the error log explains how it got in Manual Mode.

The remaining problem is "what failed". My first thought was to start babbling about the compass/GPS module and the associated connectors. Then I realized that does not seem to explain the loss of RC connection, the video issues, or some of the other weird stuff. The data seems to point more towards the drone now, instead of the controller. But it will take someone like @h-elsner or @DoomMeister to figure out what the error messages are trying to tell us.

I'm not even sure why the time stamps don't seem to make sense. Is the controller resetting itself to 12:00 each time it is turned on? Does the controller time change randomly while it is operating?
About what actual time was it when the flyaway started at around 12:00 yesterday's date?
About what actual time was it when you regained signal near the parking lot?
And the items that read as around 7:11 today's date?
And those that read as about 12:00 today?
I never did regain the signal, at least I don't think so. I tossed the controller on the front passenger seat and drove in the direction of my last sighting. I got really lucky and saw it with legs in the air, lol. I never paid much attention to the clock to be honest. And yes the flyaway occurred just about 12 on the 22nd. The items with the 23rd date were when I was checking out the camera functions and trying to get the other information..

@ttmarch ,
Has there been any recent history just prior to the anomalies showing up? Things like firmware update, calibrations, repairs, modifications, third party apps added, hard landings/drops/bumps, getting wet, etc.?
I managed to land it in a tree last fall, took a ladder to get it, noticed the camera was tweaked (horizon was tilted) so I sent it to Vertigo Drones and they fixed it. I switched shells and put the 520 orange shell in place of black shell. No hard landings that come to mind..

Did you replaced the shell with GPS module or without? Probably H520 has the same GPS module as the H Plus but I'm not sure and this may be a problem.
In case the GPS module is the old one from H Plus, is it mounted in the right direction, proper aligned?
Direction is important for compass.

br HE

Reactions: DoomMeister
Did you replaced the shell with GPS module or without? Probably H520 has the same GPS module as the H Plus but I'm not sure and this may be a problem.
In case the GPS module is the old one from H Plus, is it mounted in the right direction, proper aligned?
Direction is important for compass.

br HE
Made sure it was same way as in the H+ shell

OK, good. GPS module excluded. I'm currently looking at your flight logs. I wonder why the RC connection is going bad so fast. Do you point the rod antenna to the drone? Do you have ST16 with two rod antennas? Are they at 90° to each other or parallel?

RTH was sent but not taken into account by the drone. But it has a home point recorded at the beginning:
INFO: '(3,14)home: 43.6581056, -116.3002061, 838.54'

But later it says:
EMERGENCY: 'CRITICAL NAVIGATION FAILURE - CHECK SENSOR CALIBR'
and
CRITICAL: 'No valid position. Switching to manual mode'

In this case you need to fly it in manual mode. This was no more possible at the as drone was away and RC connection was bad. I think a manual fly was hard to do because pitch stick gives constant +5% pitch. This may explain the constant acceleration.

What to do? First of all it needs a complete calibration, compass and accelerometer. Pitch stick needs cleaning and calibration. And we have to find out why RC connection is so bad. Drone and ST16, both: Antenna connectors, antenna itself, receiver, transmitter, all cabeling if nothing ist jammed.

I don't know it Realsense has to do something with it. I have no experience with Realsense. The question is, do you really need Realsense?

br HE

OK, good. GPS module excluded. I'm currently looking at your flight logs. I wonder why the RC connection is going bad so fast. Do you point the rod antenna to the drone? Do you have ST16 with two rod antennas? Are they at 90° to each other or parallel?

RTH was sent but not taken into account by the drone. But it has a home point recorded at the beginning:
INFO: '(3,14)home: 43.6581056, -116.3002061, 838.54'

But later it says:
EMERGENCY: 'CRITICAL NAVIGATION FAILURE - CHECK SENSOR CALIBR'
and
CRITICAL: 'No valid position. Switching to manual mode'

In this case you need to fly it in manual mode. This was no more possible at the as drone was away and RC connection was bad. I think a manual fly was hard to do because pitch stick gives constant +5% pitch. This may explain the constant acceleration.

What to do? First of all it needs a complete calibration, compass and accelerometer. Pitch stick needs cleaning and calibration. And we have to find out why RC connection is so bad. Drone and ST16, both: Antenna connectors, antenna itself, receiver, transmitter, all cabeling if nothing ist jammed.

I don't know it Realsense has to do something with it. I have no experience with Realsense. The question is, do you really need Realsense?

br HE
2 antennas, parallel, using the patch antenna always pointed at the aircraft. I've done the cleaning and calibration of controller inputs. I can recalibrate compass, I understand we can no longer calibrate accelerometer on the H+..
As far as realsense module, I only got it thinking at some point needing it for the follow me mode with lots of trees on the sides (not overhead), but so far never have used it.

2BB26C6C-9BB8-4B41-8944-3D85D80DD4E1.jpeg

The wand antennas need to be positioned like this and if you are using the patch antenna the face needs to point right at the aircraft/camera.

In the last few days, the GPS in the Baltic and Black sea regions works erratic. Probably on other places too. This is connected with tests to make zones with no coverage and to put fake data on some zones. EASA said to be ready to use "traditional" navigation.

Two less and you'll get "No GPS". So, training in manual mode to fly is an essential skill.

BTW "no coverage" is better than "fake data". With a small GPS position displacement, the IMU will give almost acceptable data in flight. With a big one, there will be a big error, which will give a "No fix" result. No idea what the bird will decide to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33