Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Gimbal Not Working and Gimbal Mount

Reaction score
Hello!
I have a Yuneec Q500 Typhoon and it has a CGO2GB Camera/Gimbal. When my Q500 is turned on the CGO2GB does not stabilize and does not function other than video. It has a green light but is making a beeping pattern of two slow and three fast beeps. I see no disconnected wires and am unsure of what the problem could be. I just updated firmware for each component as well. It has previously worked but no longer does. Any ideas?

Also, the mount is connected to the gimbal with only fishing line, is this normal? This is how I received it. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hello!
I have a Yuneec Q500 Typhoon and it has a CGO2GB Camera/Gimbal. When my Q500 is turned on the CGO2GB does not stabilize and does not function other than video. It has a green light but is making a beeping pattern of two slow and three fast beeps. I see no disconnected wires and am unsure of what the problem could be. I just updated firmware for each component as well. It has previously worked but no longer does. Any ideas?

Also, the mount is connected to the gimbal with only fishing line, is this normal? This is how I received it. Thanks in advance!
It has a green light but ...
The Green LED is associated with the camera (video) part. You have a problem with the gimbal (pointing) part.

is making a beeping pattern of two slow and three fast beeps.
There are two main possibilities:
  • If the first two tones are at the same pitch, that is the code for Yaw Encoder error. (not certain that code applies to the CGo2 series)
  • If the first two tones are a "High/low" sound, that is the general code for a gimbal board failure to initialize.
I just updated firmware for each component as well.
Did the failure occur before the update, or did it occur as a result of the update?

Also, the mount is connected to the gimbal with only fishing line, is this normal?
No. But if there is fishing line run through the hollow dampers, that is OK and better than the damper alone.

Any ideas?
Depends a lot on your answer to the question about when the failure occurred. Assuming it was giving a problem BEFORE the firmware updated, you can try tilting the drone backwards until it is resting on the rear motors, then turn it on. Sometimes that will allow the unit to start and stabilize. If the camera stabilizes, tilt the drone back down level and proceed as normal. But you will have to tilt it for each start-up. And eventually even that will quit working.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval