Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Mode and Video Mode, do you know the difference

Reaction score
Does everyone here know that photos taken in PHOTO mode result in much better pictures? I honestly did not know this until recently. If you are taking photos in PHOTO mode then take a video, the ST16 goes back to video mode and stays there until you change it. So if you start taking photos, they are much smaller files and much less detail. I have a feeling that much of the complaining going on about the quality of the camera could be due to this. I am having a problem uploading photos at the moment but will post two photos showing the difference as soon as I can.

I couldn't upload individual photos at the moment, don't know why, so I made a quick video comparing the two. The first pic was taken in video mode, the second in photo mode. No edits of anykind:

Last edited:
Wow ! that is some difference in quality. I have only taken video pics a couple of times, but only one pic while on the ground.
I will check this out next time I am out for a spin, thanks David

a clear difference here,what mode was the photo shot in as in was it raw or jpeg and is this in gorgeous mode with manual camera settings? the difference really is worlds apart.

Both photos JPEG's, gorgeous mode with all auto setting. I wish I had figured this out sooner, but as always better late than never.

Reactions: Steve Carr
Tried that this evening. Looks like you get a raw dng file when you select camera mode with raw selected. I get a jpg shooting stills in movie mode. Could be that a load of sharpening has been applied to the jpg. I can get the same result in Lightroom if I pull up the sharpening on the dng photo.

If you are in video mode when you take still photos, the camera uses whatever settings the video mode is set to. Use the photo mode to make changes in the settings. I also noticed that in photo mode, taking a picture takes a few seconds longer to complete, FWIW.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval