Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera not facing forward

Reaction score
Crashed into neighbors hedge, really not that bad, but I had to replace the bottom mount, resoldier yellow wire back on with the black and replace the top mount. I put it all back together and when you turn everything on camera starts up and turns to the left, out the drivers window so to speak. Camera pans, tilts, and I can turn pan dial and get camera to look straight ahead. It takes pictures fine. Am I missing something? in the reassembly process, could I have not aligned gimbal correctly, maybe had it off 90 degrees? Any thoughts?

Crashed into neighbors hedge, really not that bad, but I had to replace the bottom mount, resoldier yellow wire back on with the black and replace the top mount. I put it all back together and when you turn everything on camera starts up and turns to the left, out the drivers window so to speak. Camera pans, tilts, and I can turn pan dial and get camera to look straight ahead. It takes pictures fine. Am I missing something? in the reassembly process, could I have not aligned gimbal correctly, maybe had it off 90 degrees? Any thoughts?
Have you calibrated the camera?

I calibrated the camera and same thing it faced exactly 90 degrees to the left, not straight ahead. Everything works fine, tilt, pan, pictures fine. What have I done?

I calibrated the camera and same thing it faced exactly 90 degrees to the left, not straight ahead. Everything works fine, tilt, pan, pictures fine. What have I done?
Did you make sure when you calibrate the dial on top is centered, as well as the one on the left side of the radio?

Did you make sure when you calibrate the dial on top is centered, as well as the one on the left side of the radio?
Yes I had pan dial on top centered but not the one on the side, that was full up.. I also tried centering camera then shutting down as was mentioned in one of the Help forums. that didn't work, the minute everything turns on it goes 90 degrees to left. I did compass calibration, checked and i have all the new updates. I will try left one on side at halfway point and try again. One other thing, when you do center camera the minute yuo throw toggle to full up position camera turns immediatley to left again 90 degrees. Uhmm

Make sure all dials as well as turtle mode are centered for this next part.

On the st16, go to settings.

Click Ok at the warning window.

On the left of the screen click hardware monitor and look to see that everything is working as it should.

Next from the selections on the left, keep tapping "About Controller" until a hidden menu pops up.

From this new menu, click on "Calibrate Test"

**** MAKE SURE ALL DIALS ARE CENTERED, INCLUDING ONES ON BACK BEFORE TEST******

Test all of the components that correlate to the 5 red squares. These will be the joysticks, the two side dials, and the top dial. When testing the joysticks, move the joystick to any corner and move along the outer perimeter to each corner, even after the box turns green.

When all boxes are green, press the "START", then the "Next" tab on the lower right of the screen.

Test each feature of the st16 untill all are green.

Restart the st16.

Start the Typhoon H.

Calibrate the gimbal.

Poweroff the H.

Power off the st16.

Restart entire system and test camera.

Make sure all dials as well as turtle mode are centered for this next part.

On the st16, go to settings.

Click Ok at the warning window.

On the left of the screen click hardware monitor and look to see that everything is working as it should.

Next from the selections on the left, keep tapping "About Controller" until a hidden menu pops up.

From this new menu, click on "Calibrate Test"

**** MAKE SURE ALL DIALS ARE CENTERED, INCLUDING ONES ON BACK BEFORE TEST******

Test all of the components that correlate to the 5 red squares. These will be the joysticks, the two side dials, and the top dial. When testing the joysticks, move the joystick to any corner and move along the outer perimeter to each corner, even after the box turns green.

When all boxes are green, press the "START", then the "Next" tab on the lower right of the screen.

Test each feature of the st16 untill all are green.

Restart the st16.

Start the Typhoon H.

Calibrate the gimbal.

Poweroff the H.

Power off the st16.

Restart entire system and test camera.
OK Murray, This will take a little bit, I will do this tomorrow night Thks

Reactions: Murray Martz
OK, I followed your instructions and can't calibrate the sticks to pass, see pics , also I inadvertentley selected mode 1 , don't think thats right but can,t remove it.001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

To select a different mode, just click on the new one. Looks like you will need to calibrate again. Sometimes it takes a few tries.

It won't matter if you are in that mode or not to do it. Most set theirs to advanced off the bat as I did.
Well, Finally got it. I actually brought it back to my local Hobby Center "Ray & Robbins" and Earl looked at it for less then a minute and said David you mounted the camera 90 Deg offset when you reassembled it, so that got fixed immediately. I wonder if I'm the first person to ever do that? It is pretty easy to do. Then he went through the calibration process and explained each step, it did take couple of times as he did have trouble with getting K1 to pass "knob to be centered". Fired her up and perfect. I guess the lesson here is make marks on the mounts so you don,t reassemble incorrectly. As you said , you have to take your time with the calibration process and may have to do it several times, spot on my friend. I,m back in air again and bringing it to St Thomas USVI for the month of January. Thank You again!

Reactions: Murray Martz
Well, Finally got it. I actually brought it back to my local Hobby Center "Ray & Robbins" and Earl looked at it for less then a minute and said David you mounted the camera 90 Deg offset when you reassembled it, so that got fixed immediately. I wonder if I'm the first person to ever do that? It is pretty easy to do. Then he went through the calibration process and explained each step, it did take couple of times as he did have trouble with getting K1 to pass "knob to be centered". Fired her up and perfect. I guess the lesson here is make marks on the mounts so you don,t reassemble incorrectly. As you said , you have to take your time with the calibration process and may have to do it several times, spot on my friend. I,m back in air again and bringing it to St Thomas USVI for the month of January. Thank You again!
I have never laughed so hard in my life! That was so funny, and you know we normally at this point or in the beginning like to see a video or a picture, I should have asked. I would have to say it's the first time I have heard of someone doing it, and being so amused all in one. I'm glad it worked out. I think I am going to post a link to this thread in a new thread as it will make for a good learning experience, and give others the chuckle we got from it.

I’d be interested in knowing at which point the camera was mounted 90 deg off and what they did to correct it?

I’d be interested in knowing at which point the camera was mounted 90 deg off and what they did to correct it?
I bought a second hand typhoon h and it seems to have the same trouble. done all tests and calibrations still looks to the left otherwise all works fine so after saying that I would like to know also how they corrected it in a bad way thank you

There are a couple of things that can cause the camera to point in a direction other than forward. In the thread above, the camera would initialize pointing directly left, and otherwise respond normally. That one was simply a result of the camera incorrectly assembled.
If your camera initializes in something other than 90 right, 90 left, or 180 (backwards), or if it does NOT respond normally to commands, the issue would be something else.
Please tell us as much as you can about your camera's behavior.

Reactions: DoomMeister

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval