Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera not facing forward

There are a couple of things that can cause the camera to point in a direction other than forward. In the thread above, the camera would initialize pointing directly left, and otherwise respond normally. That one was simply a result of the camera incorrectly assembled.
If your camera initializes in something other than 90 right, 90 left, or 180 (backwards), or if it does NOT respond normally to commands, the issue would be something else.
Please tell us as much as you can about your camera's behavior.
Well thank you for replying to my message . the only proplem is that when i calibrate the gimble as i have read on this forum hidden adjustments and all everything turns green back out reboot drone and st16 turn on again as soon as i flick the switch all the way up camera goes 90 degrees to the left everytime that seems to be the only problem i have all else works fine

Reactions: DoomMeister
looks to the left otherwise all works fine
Sorry about that. I finally realized you had described it in your post. The camera is mechanically misaligned with the top mount. That can happen at three levels.
1.) Dampers are moved one hole over between top and bottom.
2.) Motor top is bolted on one hole over.
3.) Motor bottom mount is bolted on one hole over.

The easiest to check is the dampers. Look at this picture. Ensure the wide part is towards the back on both top and bottom parts of the mount.

Attachments

• top mount.jpg
    top mount.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: DoomMeister
If the dampers are not the problem, you will have to remove the four top motor mount screws, and re-align the motor to the mount by one screw (90 degrees). Motor Screws.JPGI hope I got the direction right. Thinking upside down and backwards is not my strong point. If you go the wrong way, the camera will just be pointing straight backwards next time, and you will at least know which way to go.

Sorry about that. I finally realized you had described it in your post. The camera is mechanically misaligned with the top mount. That can happen at three levels.
1.) Dampers are moved one hole over between top and bottom.
2.) Motor top is bolted on one hole over.
3.) Motor bottom mount is bolted on one hole over.

The easiest to check is the dampers. Look at this picture. Ensure the wide part is towards the back on both top and bottom parts of the mount.
well top and bottom are at 90 degrees with each other . now how to fix not good at electronics

Good. Forget that last post.
Remove all four dampers (at one end of each).
Rotate the top to match the bottom.
Reinstall the dampers.
The dampers can be a pain to get back in. I'll hang on awhile to see if you have problems. But the basic idea is pinch the end of the damper flat, stick one edge in the hole, and mash/wiggle the rest of it in.

There are lots of ways folks use to cram the dampers back in. Some use tweezers of some sort, a lot of folks use dental floss. You will find videos of those and probably more. I find it easier to use no tools at all.
This video is really about another subject, but at about 13 minutes, 20 seconds into it, he installs the dampers using the "pinch and mash" method. You might want to include it in the methods you review.
CG03 Roll Motor Replacement - YouTube

Morning Guys just want to say thanks to all that responded to my gimble problem last night . flew it this morning , a bit windy but everything worked fine. great site for information. another question would anyone know where i could buy a set of propellers for a blade chroma seem to have gone of the internet, or is there another drone propeller that would fit the blade chroma go pro model???
again thanks.

Reactions: TyphoonAddict
There are lots of ways folks use to cram the dampers back in. Some use tweezers of some sort, a lot of folks use dental floss. You will find videos of those and probably more. I find it easier to use no tools at all.
This video is really about another subject, but at about 13 minutes, 20 seconds into it, he installs the dampers using the "pinch and mash" method. You might want to include it in the methods you review.
CG03 Roll Motor Replacement - YouTube
Let's not forget those of us with HEMOSTATS. Hemostats have other uses too in the soldering world and on PCB's. Hemostats are perfect for holding the rim of the rubber damper while grabbing it through a little hole. Still a bit tricky but you have to be careful. It's a job you shouldn't have to do, nor would want to do. Haven't tried the string trick and I still don't know how you get the string to release unless you just go around the dampener a turn and a half and not tying a knot.

Last edited:
Morning Guys just want to say thanks to all that responded to my gimble problem last night . flew it this morning , a bit windy but everything worked fine. great site for information. another question would anyone know where i could buy a set of propellers for a blade chroma seem to have gone of the internet, or is there another drone propeller that would fit the blade chroma go pro model???
again thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval