Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Camera Type is not Match (2)

Reaction score
The blue blinking is not the binding color for the TH. Tilt all the way forward a couple times until the LED starts blinking orange, then try binding again.
Im having a similar issue my camera wont bind and the controller wont let me go to any other screen, it keeps saying camera type doesnt match.I cant get out of camera choice menu. any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Richard,
I moved your posts to their own thread. Your issue will get better attention that way. You can edit the title if it does not suit you.

There may be more causes of this, but the one I know of is a failed RF module that handles the WiFi from the camera. If this is the issue, you can SOMETIMES get out of the loop by disconnecting the failed module from the ST16 mainboard. That will allow you to do a reset on the controller, in the even fainter hope it may recover the error. There isn't much promise here, but maybe at least worth giving it a try.
Camera is not Match.jpg

Reactions: Steve Carr
Did we establish what camera he is trying to bind?
In this case it doesn't matter. The ST16 is stuck on that screen and there is no method of exiting to any other menu. We have seen this behavior before when the ST16 wifi module fails.

Reactions: ArtCox
In this case it doesn't matter. The ST16 is stuck on that screen and there is no method of exiting to any other menu. We have seen this behavior before when the ST16 wifi module fails.
Roger that

Reactions: Steve Carr
It might be related
I did the antenna upgrade to both the controller and drone, would that have any impact on issue?
It might be related if the antennas are not compatible, attached to the wrong ports, if the controller was powered up with no antennas attached (sometimes burns out the module), etc. The fact the controller did not respond when the module was unplugged is a little worrisome. If it was my controller, I would certainly reinstall the original antenna system and give it a try prior to purchasing a new RF module.

It might be related

It might be related if the antennas are not compatible, attached to the wrong ports, if the controller was powered up with no antennas attached (sometimes burns out the module), etc. The fact the controller did not respond when the module was unplugged is a little worrisome. If it was my controller, I would certainly reinstall the original antenna system and give it a try prior to purchasing a new RF module.
I have no version under aircraft for camera and gimbal is this possibly why my camera is not being seen by controller.

I have no version under aircraft for camera and gimbal is this possibly why my camera is not being seen by controller.
Until the camera is connected via WiFi you will not see any version numbers reported.

Go into the Pad and bring up the Android WiFi setup. See if any WiFi AP’s show up there. If you see your home WiFi‘s 5.8GHz try connecting to it. If that is successful, power on the aircraft with the camera attached and see if it shows up in the WiFi list and connect to it if it does. If other AP’s can be connected to and the camera can’t then the camera’s WiFi could be bad. If no AP’s are seen by the controller then the controller’s WiFi is most likely bad.

Reactions: WTFDproject
It is another symptom of the same problem. You are getting no WIFI from the camera. The same WIFI channel carries the binding signal, the version information, and the onscreen video. None are available if the WIFI module is bad.
If you can get out of the "Camera is not Match" do-loop, then you can try the test as described by @DoomMeister.
Otherwise, the WiFi module is still the culprit.

The aircraft connects on a 2.4GHz radio signal using an SR24 Zigbee RC transceiver. The cameras connect via a 5.8GHz WiFi signal. If you can see your camera with your phone and not with the ST16, then the WiFi on the controller is the culprit, or the communication between the WiFi board and the Android tablet, or the antenna, or the antenna cable to the WiFi board.

Well I am able to pick up the cgo3+ on my phone wifi so I think my camera is good. Ive replaced the wifi board in controller so Im looking for the next step. My drone connects to controller but camera doesnt.
Did you replace the 5.8ghz WIFI module, or the 2.4ghz module?
Did you restore the original antenna system to see if it made a difference?
Are you still stuck in the "Camera is not Match" loop?

The drone is on the 2.4ghz WiFi. You did not mention the drone signal earlier, so I assumed it was good all along. Was it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval