Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Can I use E90 ND and CPL filters on C23 camera?

@Peggy please provide clarification...

Dumb Newbie Question: What is the purpose of the Circular metal ring provided with the H+ ?

The thread above describes that stepdown ring... so is the stepdown ring's diameter 40.5mm while the filter threads on the C23 lens itself are 39mm... which would make it technically a stepup ring? Why use an adapter at all? :confused:

The step ring thread is 39mm which then screws onto E90/C23 that then enables you to buy 40.5mm filters so it is indeed a step up ring.
I have the freewell filters but before I bought these I bought some Marumi ones. These are an excellent filter with no pinkish tinge. But the freewells are better because the camera then does not need balancing.

Here’s a link to my freewell review.

Looking around, as a novice, wondering if I need to get filters for my imminent H purchase and I stumbled upon this review (of a pretty neat Sony sports cam) wherein the ND filter is removed from a static camera at 5 minutes in to demonstrate how wonderful it is. But I much prefer the sharpness/detail and colour of the unfiltered footage. What am I missing?

Looking around, as a novice, wondering if I need to get filters for my imminent H purchase and I stumbled upon this review (of a pretty neat Sony sports cam) wherein the ND filter is removed from a static camera at 5 minutes in to demonstrate how wonderful it is. But I much prefer the sharpness/detail and colour of the unfiltered footage. What am I missing?

What you’re missing is that no details are provided for the ND filter. Is it a crappy P.O.S.? Is it an ND2, ND4, ND8, etc

This action camera comes with a Zeiss lens. It’s hard to beat Zeiss optics. Putting a crappy filter in front of it will degrade the image.

On my still cameras I’ve always used B+W filters. They’re expensive but... why spend over a thousand dollars for a lens and degrade it with a questionable filter. Also almost every B+W filter uses brass threads rather than aluminum. Aluminum threads can seize.

Reactions: JackMTaco
Thanks Ron. Still, difficult to work out how an apparently seasoned video producer could think that this demo was a positive testament to the quality of his filter. I guess, one man's meat…

It is worth noting, that the Freewell All-Day pack for the E90/C23 is now back in stock.

Last edited:
On the CG03 +, I only used the ND4. So I tested on the C23 the Green.L ND4 in 40.5. It is of irreproachable quality for an interresting price. . The only flaw, its weight: 11 grams with the adapter ring Yuneec. you have to balance the camera.

On the other hand, for lens shade, as much it was essential for the CG03 +, for the moment on the C23, it is not obligatory. But if it leaves a very light kit, it will be to try.

Example in ND8 77mm

1535269049980.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: rdonson and YuKay

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430